Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing String
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing String Post 302324240 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 09:44:58 AM
Old 06-10-2009
If you are using ksh93 you could use associative arrays
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh93

typeset -A aArray

str="attr1=value1 attr2=value2 attr3=value3 attr4=value4"

# split string and store in temporary array
IFS="= " typeset -a tArray=($str)

# populate associative array
for ((i = 0; i < ${#tArray[@]}; i++))
do
     aArray[${tArray[i]}]=${tArray[++i]}
done

# print contents of associative array
for i in "${!aArray[@]}"
do
     print "aArray[$i] is ${aArray[$i]}"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing string

I am passing argument 1-13 to a sh file. I want to parse the string and the get the numbers on either side of "-" in two different variables. I am not familiar with unix .. how can i do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolex.mp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on parsing string

String example: /vmfs/volumes/46000471-71d7c414-8f74-0013210cddc3/gistst/gistst.vmx What I would like to do is create a variable and save gistst in it. I thought if I could create an array and split it by '/' then I could use the 4th array element or if they was a way to do a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnacrazy
13 Replies

3. Programming

parsing string in c

how can i remove the special characters hi iam print the string variable . suppse: while(str!=NULL) printf("******* %s ********** %d ",str,strlen(str)); output as: ****srinu ******** 5 **** phani******** 63 ****srinu ******** 5 **** phani******** 63 so my problem is how can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a string

hi i am new to Shell scripting i have a string "hostName=lpdma520_dev_ipc_us_aexp_com" now i need to parse the string as "var1=lpdma520" please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String-parsing!

I need the perl solution for the following : $string="I LOVE INDIA" now, in a new string i need the first character of each word... that is string2 should be "ILN". (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing

Hi, name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create coid=MA5603U phone=5678 portpolicy=APortSelectionPolicy rfu10=TTV rfu3=Dot1q sz7_portmode=VDSL2 rfu5=1234 srprofile.sy_profname=$ADSL_TTV_SubProfile1 I have a line like this. Its a single line.I need the output as name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing

Hi, name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create coid=MA5603U phone=5678 portpolicy=APortSelectionPolicy rfu10=TTV rfu3=Dot1q sz7_portmode=VDSL2 rfu5=1234 srprofile.sy_profname=$ADSL_TTV_SubProfile1 I have a line like this. Its a single line.I need the output as name=VDSL_TTV_ HN_SUB create... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on parsing string

for i in `cat list`;do lol=`curl -m 2 -s ${i} | grep 'class=info' | cut -d '>' -f14 | cut -d '<' -f1 | sed '/^$/d'`; if ;then echo "$i,$lol" >> dirty; echo "$i,$lol";fi; done cut: you must specify a list of bytes, characters, or fields Try `cut --help' for more information. it gave me that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: p33plime
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies
sysconfigtab(4) 					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						   sysconfigtab(4)

NAME
sysconfigtab - Configurable subsystem definition database file SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfigtab DESCRIPTION
The sysconfigtab file contains initial values for the attributes of subsystems that can be dynamically configured. The information in the sysconfigtab file is loaded into an in-memory kernel database when the system boots. At subsystem configuration time, values in the in- memory kernel database override default values coded into the subsystem. There are multiple numbered versions of the sysconfigtab.* file in the /etc directory, but only the /etc/sysconfigtab version is used dur- ing normal operations. The versions are present to support the dynamic linking of modules to create a /vmunix kernel. This feature is called bootlinking and is documented in Guide to Preparing Product Kits. You may not be able to use bootlinking if you delete any copies of the sysconfigtab.* file. Avoid making manual changes to this file. Instead, use the command sysconfigdb(8) to make changes. This utility will automatically make any changes available to the kernel and will preserve the structure of the file so that future upgrades will merge in correctly. The sysconfigtab file consists of formatted entries. The first line in an entry specifies the subsystem name. Subsequent lines specify the subsystems' attributes and values. Comment lines are allowed within an entry. The following shows the syntax of a subsystem entry: subsys- tem-name: #This is a comment describing the subsystem attribute1 = value1 attribute2 = value2, value3 The following list details sysconfigtab entries: The subsystem name is terminated with a colon (:). Each attribute name and value pair are terminated with a newline character. Attribute names are separated from values with an equal sign (=). No space is allowed in the middle of an attribute name, including an array attribute name. For instance, array attribute names such as attr1[1] and attr1[2] are permitted, but attr1 [1] or attr1[ 2 ] are not. For example, the following line in /etc/sysconfigtab is permitted: attr1[0] = 2 Attributes that have more than one value separate the values with a comma (,). Quotation marks are not used (") in string values. Blank or tab characters may occur in the middle of a string, but leading or trailing blanks are ignored. A number sign (#) appears at the beginning of comment lines. Comments that are specific to the subsystem are placed after the line containing the subsystem name. The sysconfigdb command con- siders a sysconfigtab entry to begin with the subsystem name and end with either the next subsystem name or the end of the file. Any comments that appear before a subsystem name are considered to be part of the preceding subsystem and are deleted if the preced- ing subsystem is deleted. For a list of the subsystem attributes you can configure, see the System Administration manual. Refer also to the various sys_attrs refer- ence pages, which list the system attributes and their default or maximum values. The graphical user interface dxkerneltuner provides you with an easy way to review and adjust attribute values. For information about loadable device driver attributes, see the Writing Device Drivers: Tutorial manual. In a cluster environment, an additional clusterwide file, sysconfigtab.cluster, is used to contain those attributes that must be set to the same values in each member's /etc/sysconfigtab file. When a cluster member boots, the contents of its /etc/sysconfigtab file is synchro- nized against the clusterwide sysconfigtab.cluster file. RESTRICTIONS
The maximum length of a stanza entry is 40960 bytes. An entry cannot contain more than 2048 fields (lines). The maximum length of a stanza field is 500 bytes. EXAMPLES
The following shows an example stanza entry that could appear in the configurable subsystem database: proc: max-proc-per-user = 64 max-threads-per-user = 256 The preceding entry defines the max-proc-per-user and max-threads-per-user attributes for the proc subsystem. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: dxkerneltuner(8), sys_attrs(5), sysconfig(8), sysconfigdb(8), cfgmgr(8) Files: stanza(4) System Administration Writing Device Drivers: Tutorial delim off sysconfigtab(4)