Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Keep rebooting when reaching "Welcome to AIX" screen Post 302321895 by ravager on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 10:37:37 AM
Old 06-02-2009
There is a few thing that could cause this problem

One that I have come across is settings in the system that will cause the system not to boot

One like lgpg_regions or lgpg_size If this is more than your memory the system will not boot or will boot very slow

Add more memory and see if this system boots

-----Post Update-----

It may be intresting if you can see the last code before the reboot

-----Post Update-----

It may be intresting if you can see the last code before the reboot

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to "Print Screen" from a dumb terminal on AIX?

Hello Everyone, How can I send a screen print of a dumb terminal to a printer? AIX v4.3.3 Thanks in advance. Suhas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stembe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. AIX

"pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6

Anyone know what is the function of user "pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebab3
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 - Discrepancies between "top" and "vmstat"

Can someone explain the differences I'm seeing below in TOP and VMSTAT commands on my AIX 5.3 server? Thanks! CPUs: 4; load averages: 0.86, 0.97, 0.97 18:09:26 926 processes: 4 stopped, 922 running CPU states: 78.4% idle, 8.5% user, 12.6% kernel, 0.3% wait Memory: 23680M Total.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: troym72
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find first daty of each month. What will I see on AIX "1" or "01"

Could you please let me know the following? I have to find and check first day of each month. I do fdt=`date +%d` will it give me on AIX "1" or "01" I ask you because I couldn't make real test on first day and don't know Thanks for contribution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)