Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Keyboard problem
Operating Systems Solaris Keyboard problem Post 302321601 by jlliagre on Monday 1st of June 2009 04:29:36 PM
Old 06-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbot
Tried but only for @ command is working Smilie
Sure, I tell you to remove 4 extra entries and you only remove two of them.
Try this instead:
Code:
xmodmap -e "keycode 55 = v V at grave"
xmodmap -e "keycode  24 = q Q backslash Greek_OMEGA"
xmodmap -e "keycode  25 = w W bar Lstroke"
xmodmap -e "keycode  26 = e E EuroSign EuroSign"
xmodmap -e "keycode  41 = f F bracketleft ordfeminine"
xmodmap -e "keycode  42 = g G bracketright ENG"
xmodmap -e "keycode  45 = k K lstroke ampersand"
xmodmap -e "keycode  46 = l L lstroke Lstroke"
xmodmap -e "keycode  56 = b B braceleft apostrophe"
xmodmap -e "keycode  57 = n N braceright braceright"
xmodmap -e "keycode  58 = m M asciicircum masculine"

Quote:
who is crazy I or Solaris.
None of the above ...
Quote:
ps can I replace Solaris keymap table with this one from Ubuntu ???
That wouldn't help and possibly break things further ...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix and keyboard

Hi, I need to set Unix I/O terminal such as once key "," is pressed charcter "." is shown. Do you have any suggesion? The best to me is to accomplish this feauture with an environment variabile if it is possible. Michele Ferrero (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: micfer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux 7.2, Keyboard Problem!

I recently tried to install Linux 7.2 on my home PC (Compaq), and it did not recognise my keyboard. I could not proceed with the installation as I could not type anything. I installed 6.2 and it worked fine???????????. I was wondering if anybody has encountered this problem (very frustrating). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camerja1
4 Replies

4. Programming

keyboard type

hi I am using a GUI language (based on C/C++) for my application. Now i need to identify the "Again" key in the Sun keyboard. I tried to do this by getting the ascii value (4155)of it . it was fine. but it is clashing with F12, whose ascii is 4155 in normal keyboards. Due to this either one of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimishm
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

keyboard problem how to insert --> {} \

I have MACOSX Leoparad and MacBook Pro but I am unable to insert the above letters when I am in terminal any help please? e.g. to insert them I need to press alt+shift+) == } but if I do so pressing alt+shift+) nothing works :( ---------- Post updated at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous update was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script invoked from a keyboard shortcut

-EDIT- I have solved my problem below by using a different program. Instead of xsel I am using xclip which basically does the same thing and works fine from a script invoked by a global hotkey. -END EDIT- Hi, I've written a simple script to copy my email address into both the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
XtGetKeysymTable()														XtGetKeysymTable()

Name
  XtGetKeysymTable - return a pointer to the keycode-to-keysym mapping table of a  display.

Synopsis
  KeySym *XtGetKeysymTable(display, min_keycode_return,
  keysyms_per_keycode_return)
	   Display *display;
	   KeyCode *min_keycode_return;
	   int *keysyms_per_keycode_return;

Inputs
  display   Specifies the display whose table is required.

Outputs
  min_keycode_return
	    Returns the minimum keycode valid for the display.

keysyms_per_keycode_return
	    Returns the number of keysyms stored for each keycode.

Returns
  The keycode-to-keysym table for display.

Availability
  Release 4 and later.

Description
  XtGetKeysymTable()  returns  a pointer to the Intrinsics' copy of the X server's keycode-to-keysym table, which must not be modified by the
  application.	This table is simply an array of KeySym.  The number of keysyms associated with each keycode is returned in  keysyms_per_key-
  code_return.	 The  first  keysyms  in  the table are for the keycode returned in min_keycode_return.  The keysyms for a keycode k begin at
  index:

k - min_keycode_return) * keysyms_per_keycode_return

Any entries in the table that have no keysyms associated with them contain the value NoSymbol.

Usage
  The Intrinsics maintains a table internally to map keycodes to keysyms for each open display.  The Translation Manager uses this table, and
  custom keycode-to-keysym translator procedures (see XtSetKeyTranslator()) and other clients may also need to use it.	Most applications and
  widgets will never need to use this function.

You should not cache this keysym table but should call XtGetKeysymTable() each time the value is needed, because the table  may  change  at
  any time.

See Also
  XtConvertCase(1), XtKeysymToKeycodeList(1), XtRegisterCaseConverter(1), XtSetKeyTranslator(1), XtTranslateKeycode(1).

Xt - Keyboard Handling														XtGetKeysymTable()