Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling UNIX software packages Question Post 302319568 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of May 2009 06:28:08 PM
Old 05-25-2009
gave what error?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling software

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Software

I have a problem, my mate built me a little home server using Unix and after he set everything up he deleted the main compiler so i wouldnt be able to Install/Compile any software... And now i wanted to Install a compiler and i have to compile it... thats like installing winzip from a zip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l22
3 Replies

3. Solaris

question about JAVA compiling ..

Hi , I don't know if this is the right place to post my question because it relates to JAVA . I am beginner of JAVA , using a tutorial as reference I am trying to run a simple program in JAVA env. I have installed JDSK kit from java.sun.com but when I tried to run a program from the DOS prompt , I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANAMIKA56
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question? unix software

whats the difference between unix & linux? code? can anyone recommend a company that release unix software that operates with windows 98 & XP for rookies? please list a link... thanks for your time (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Matthews
1 Replies

5. Programming

Question about compiling (noob)

I'm just getting started to lean C and I'm using Ubuntu today I found a tutorial at this site: http://einstein.drexel.edu/courses/CompPhys/General/C_basics/c_tutorial.html and I got an error after compiling the fist code: #include < stdio.h> void main() { printf("\nHello World\n"); } ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
9 Replies

6. Solaris

how to find the software packages and root directories

Hi all, i have one requirement to audit the software packages list in unix server. For this the i go through #pkginfo command.But there are lot of packages. i get confused how to find the software packages and root directories paths. Please let me know whether i am going correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about excutable software in Unix

I am using SCO OpenServer 5.0 now, and have the old software as database (similar with MySQL) to store all data. I want to know that how can I read those data in the file. For example, I have file named OE.USECD, which is data file when I use the software to store my data to database. it's not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
5 Replies

8. Solaris

best way to identify non packages software

what is the best way to identify non-packaged software installed on solaris systems? also after identifying the software is there a way to add some sort of package entry that will display the software even though it is not a package? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BronzeBack
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating software packages

Hi, I noticed that my programs are not up-to-date, when I go to the official web site of eg. transmission bittorent client I see the newest version is 2.4 and when I check my version , it's 2.0. What do I need to do to update it? I thought it's gonna be updated automatically but nothing. I ran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
2 Replies

10. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
gethostname(3C) 					   Standard C Library Functions 					   gethostname(3C)

NAME
gethostname, sethostname - get or set name of current host SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int gethostname(char *name, int namelen); int sethostname(char *name, int namelen); DESCRIPTION
The gethostname() function returns the standard host name for the current processor, as previously set by sethostname(). The namelen argu- ment specifies the size of the array pointed to by name. The returned name is null-terminated unless insufficient space is provided. The sethostname() function sets the name of the host machine to be name, which has length namelen. This call is restricted to the superuser and is normally used only when the system is bootstrapped. Host names are limited to MAXHOSTNAMELEN characters, currently 256, defined in the <netdb.h> header. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, gethostname() and sethostname() return 0. Otherwise, they return -1 and set errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The gethostname() and sethostname() functions will fail if: EFAULT The name or namelen argument gave an invalid address. The sethostname() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_ADMIN} privilege was not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sysinfo(2), uname(2), gethostid(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Mar 2004 gethostname(3C)