Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab problem in AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab problem in AIX Post 302318619 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 22nd of May 2009 02:01:51 AM
Old 05-22-2009
is this "Get_File_Count.txt" file getting created??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab problem

HI, i am working on linux. i have crontab problem i wrote a small script and put it in a crontab . but the script is not running.. i have given following way in crontab -e 02 06 * * * /bin/csh /home/vr_test.csh but the above script is not running please rectify my... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
26 Replies

2. AIX

crontab in AIX

Hi all, i am trying to reduce the file size of /var/adm/wtmp in my AIX servers and im using the method cp /dev/null /var/adm/wtmp to reduce it. I thought of automating it by including this command into crontab. Surprisingly, it doesn't work once i put into crontab, there is no error message thrown... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallbook
25 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

4. AIX

Crontab problem

Hi to all. Guys, i have a truble with oracle user crontab. He work if i'm do 0-59 * * * * echo LOL> ~/test.txt But not work if me set realy norm date For example 14 17 28 12 * echo LOL> ~/test.txt In 17:14 28 December . In log file /var/adm/cron/log nothing.... Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Crontab problem

Hi all, Why my crontab -e from root user is not accessible? It came out some sort of random number, 309. And also for other user, crontab -l came out crontab: can't open your crontab file. I'm grateful for any any help. thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk for modify hour in a crontab AIX

Hi, I want to modifiy the hour in the crontab AIX 5.3 for this line: Input: 00 22 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 Output: 30 20 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 With the awk or sed function through a ssh -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab

Hi, I have one script which takes data from table and spools it into a file. When i am running manually all is fine but while trying same script thru crontab the spooled file is not getting generated..... :confused: The mail part is working fine....only prob is the spooled file. Please... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
15 Replies

8. Solaris

crontab problem

online* 22:25:22 svc:/system/cron:default cron service not able to start i tried to disble it is not working. showing online* status. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Crontab Problem

Dear All I have machine with SunOS APP5a 5.9 Generic_122300-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire With crontab like this : 59 23 * * * /home/lng/script/move_and_compress_logs_update.sh But that crontab cannot running at that time. I run my script by manually, the result is fine. What must I check at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab on AIX

Hi I'm trying to set up a crontab on AIX and for some reason it's not running my script at the specified time - here's what I have tried so far: 30 14 * * * <scriptname> 35 14 *** /directory/<scriptname> 40,14 *** /directory/<scriptname> (nb crontab won't accept the comma) 1 and 2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbchud
10 Replies
ZIPGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							ZIPGREP(1)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1), zip(1), funzip(1), zipcloak(1), zipinfo(1), zipnote(1), zipsplit(1) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1)