Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab problem in AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab problem in AIX Post 302318600 by tom_cmu on Friday 22nd of May 2009 01:21:43 AM
Old 05-22-2009
Hi!
Why don't you put a statement.
MAILTO="user@domain.com"
in the Get_News.sh script file.
since this parameter can feed to the mail -s command when this script is executed by cron process.

refere to
http://www.panix.com/~kylet/unix-att.html

Last edited by tom_cmu; 05-22-2009 at 02:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab problem

HI, i am working on linux. i have crontab problem i wrote a small script and put it in a crontab . but the script is not running.. i have given following way in crontab -e 02 06 * * * /bin/csh /home/vr_test.csh but the above script is not running please rectify my... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
26 Replies

2. AIX

crontab in AIX

Hi all, i am trying to reduce the file size of /var/adm/wtmp in my AIX servers and im using the method cp /dev/null /var/adm/wtmp to reduce it. I thought of automating it by including this command into crontab. Surprisingly, it doesn't work once i put into crontab, there is no error message thrown... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallbook
25 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

4. AIX

Crontab problem

Hi to all. Guys, i have a truble with oracle user crontab. He work if i'm do 0-59 * * * * echo LOL> ~/test.txt But not work if me set realy norm date For example 14 17 28 12 * echo LOL> ~/test.txt In 17:14 28 December . In log file /var/adm/cron/log nothing.... Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Crontab problem

Hi all, Why my crontab -e from root user is not accessible? It came out some sort of random number, 309. And also for other user, crontab -l came out crontab: can't open your crontab file. I'm grateful for any any help. thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk for modify hour in a crontab AIX

Hi, I want to modifiy the hour in the crontab AIX 5.3 for this line: Input: 00 22 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 Output: 30 20 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 With the awk or sed function through a ssh -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab

Hi, I have one script which takes data from table and spools it into a file. When i am running manually all is fine but while trying same script thru crontab the spooled file is not getting generated..... :confused: The mail part is working fine....only prob is the spooled file. Please... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
15 Replies

8. Solaris

crontab problem

online* 22:25:22 svc:/system/cron:default cron service not able to start i tried to disble it is not working. showing online* status. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Crontab Problem

Dear All I have machine with SunOS APP5a 5.9 Generic_122300-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire With crontab like this : 59 23 * * * /home/lng/script/move_and_compress_logs_update.sh But that crontab cannot running at that time. I run my script by manually, the result is fine. What must I check at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab on AIX

Hi I'm trying to set up a crontab on AIX and for some reason it's not running my script at the specified time - here's what I have tried so far: 30 14 * * * <scriptname> 35 14 *** /directory/<scriptname> 40,14 *** /directory/<scriptname> (nb crontab won't accept the comma) 1 and 2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbchud
10 Replies
R2E(1)							      General Commands Manual							    R2E(1)

NAME
r2e - receive RSS feeds by email SYNOPSIS
r2e [-d dir] action [options] DESCRIPTION
r2e is a simple program which you can run in your crontab. It watches RSS feeds and sends you nicely formatted email message for each new item. The program is configured by ~/.rss2email/config.py by default. To use a different config file in a different directory, you can specify the -d option before any actions. For a quick start with r2e, try these steps: r2e new your@address r2e add http://feed.url/somewhere.rss r2e run The last command should eventually be put into your crontab, if you want things be sent you automatically. It is possible to use authenticated feeds using the following syntax: r2e add http://user:password@example.com/feed ACTIONS
new [youremail] Create a new feedfile. If the second option is specified, it sets the default email address that mails are sent to. add url [youremail] Subscribe to a feed. The first option is the URL of the feed. The optional second option is the email address to send new items to. Repeat for each feed you want to subscribe to. run [--no-send] [num] Scan the feeds and send emails for new items. This can be run in a cron job. The --no-send option stops r2e from sending any email. This can be useful the first time you run it, as otherwise it would send every available story. If a number is specified, r2e will only download that feed. The list command lists the feed numbers. email yournewemail Change the default email address. list List all your currently subscribed feeds. delete n Delete a feed, using its number from the list command. pause n Temporarily ignore a feed. A paused feed won't be updated at all. unpause n Re-enable updates from a feed. opmlimport url Import feeds from an OPML file. opmlexport Export feeds to standard output, as an OPML file. CONFIGURATION
The program's behavior can be controlled via the ~/.rss2email/config.py config file. The file is a python file, so variables are set using a syntax like this: VARIABLE = "value" If the value is a number, the quotes may be omitted. Most configuration variables in the file are boolean values, where a 1 indicates the option is set, and a 0 disables it. See the example config.py file for a full list of available configuration variables. FILES
~/.rss2email/feeds.dat The database of feeds. Use r2e to add, remove, or modify feeds, do not edit it directly. ~/.rss2email/config.py If this file exists, it it read to configure the program. AUTHOR
Aaron Swartz <rss2email@aaronsw.com> R2E(1)