Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need some help with shell content scanner Post 302318276 by medic on Thursday 21st of May 2009 08:12:05 AM
Old 05-21-2009
MySQL

@ghostdog74

Thanks for that piece of beautiful code. Smilie

I just modified it to save the path of the file with the content of the line und the load is more than okay. The maximum I have seen while testing is 70% of one CPU and the load is just around 1.5 .

I always thought that bash is the only thing that could work with low resources on my server. Smilie

Just one question left, the code you posted searches all public_html folders within the home directory, is there a limit of how many sub directories are scanned, or is it following the hierarchy until the end?

Last edited by medic; 05-21-2009 at 09:43 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

log file scanner

anyone know of a FREE logfile checker that they would recommend? looking to scan thru syslog, sulog, messages, etc... looking for security type related entries., thanks, brian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit the content of a file

Hi I need some help using shell script to edit a file. My original file has the following format: /txt/email/myemail.txt /txt/email/myemail2.txt /pdf/email/myemail.pdf /pdf/email/myemail2.pdf /doc/email/myemail.doc /doc/email/myemail2.doc I need to read each line. If the path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove some content in a file

How can I remove all data that contain domain e.g zzgh@something.com, sdd@something.com.my and gg@something.my in one file? so that i only have data without the domain in the file. Here is the file structure "test.out" more test.out 1 zzztop@b.com 1 zzzulll 1 zzzullll@s.com.my ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need get content of ELF shell script

I have a script file that file type is ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs) Now I want to get the contents of this file. How can I ? Any help me to get cotents of this file type? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickk02
2 Replies

5. Linux

micro film scanner

epson microfilm 500 scsi: Is there any way to make this work under linux ? I'm using pclinuxos, it shows the machine in the device panel as sg2 and lists the machine , so Im guessing the kernel knows what it is, but I can't view it as a scanner or capture or input device . What catagory does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom1200
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell :copying the content from one file to another

I have a log containing the below lines. file1.log ----------- module: module1 module10 module2 module002 module9 moduleRT100.2.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies

9. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
MB2MD(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MB2MD(1)

NAME
mb2md -- Converts Mbox mailboxes to Maildir format. SYNOPSIS
mb2md [-h] mb2md [-c] [-m] [-d destdir] mb2md [-c] [-s sourcefile] [-d destdir] mb2md [-c] [-s sourcedir] [-l wu-mailboxlist] [-R|-f somefolder] [-d destdir] [-r strip_extension] DESCRIPTION
mb2md Converts Mbox mailboxes to Maildir format. OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -c Use the Content-Length: headers (if present) to find the beginning of the next message. Use with caution! Results may be unreli- able. I recommend to do a run without "-c" first and only use it if you are certain, that the mbox in question really needs the "-c" option. -m If this is used then the source will be the single mailbox at /var/spool/mail/blah for user blah and the destination mailbox will be the "destdir" mailbox itself. -s sourcedir Directory, relative to the user's home directory, which is where the the "somefolders" directories are located. Or if directory starts with a "/" it is taken as a absolute path, e.g. /mnt/oldmail/user _OR_ A single mbox file which will be converted to the destdir. -R If defined, do not skip directories found in a mailbox directory, but runs recursively into each of them, creating all wanted folders in Maildir. Incompatible with '-f' -f somefolder Directories, relative to "sourcedir" where the Mbox files are. All mailboxes in the "sourcedir" directory will be converted and placed in the "destdir" directory. (Typically the Inbox directory which in this instance is also functioning as a folder for other mailboxes.) The "somefolder" directory name will be encoded into the new mailboxes' names. See the example in the USAGE file (see below). This does not save an UW IMAP dummy message file at the start of the Mbox file. Small changes in the code could adapt it for looking for other distinctive patterns of dummy messages too. Don't let the source directory you give as "somefolders" contain any "."s in its name, unless you want to create subfolders from the IMAP user's point of view. See the example in the USAGE file (see below). Incompatible with '-R' -d destdir Directory where the Maildir format directories will be created. If not given, then the destination will be ~/Maildir . Typi- cally, this is what the IMAP server sees as the Inbox and the folder for all user mailboxes. If this begins with a '/' the path is considered to be absolute, otherwise it is relative to the users home directory. -r strip_extension If defined this extension will be stripped from the original mailbox file name before creating the corresponding maildir. The extension must be given without the leading dot ("."). See the example in the USAGE file (see below). -l WU-file File containing the list of subscribed folders. If migrating from WU-IMAP the list of subscribed folders will be found in the file called .mailboxlist in the users home directory. This will convert all subscribed folders for a single user: /bin/mb2md -s mail -l .mailboxlist -R -d Maildir and for all users in a directory as root you can do the following: for i in *; do echo $i;su - $i -c "/bin/mb2md -s mail -l .mailboxlist -R -d Maildir";done USAGE
Please read the USAGE documentation (zless /usr/share/doc/mb2md/USAGE.gz). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Noel Kothe noel@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. MB2MD(1)