Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interactive ftp get/put
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interactive ftp get/put Post 302317134 by Franklin52 on Monday 18th of May 2009 06:48:05 AM
Old 05-18-2009
Please use indentation in your code and place the code within code tags, this is almost unreadable.

Have you saved the file with a windows editor?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

script to performm interactive ftp

hi, i have to generate a script, which performs FTP action. The script should handle both put and get functions. can anybody help me on hw to develop the script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash_b
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Put fails during FTP

Hi All, I am facing a while i use mput to the server. Actually i have data on client machine which is windows XP. The data is near to 1GB. I have zipped the data. I can ftp and connect to Server(Which has Fedora 4 running). but when i do mput *.zip it gives an error. I tried to put in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

put an interactive script in background after taking input

i am trying to find a way to put an interactive script in the background after taking input from the user a few test lines i was trying: date echo "Enter location" LOCATION= read LOCATION sleep 100 sleep 200 date for this small example i want the script to as the user for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: epsilonaurigae
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Ftp cannot put file larger than 64kb

Hi gurus, I have a problem with ftp access. The first 2 test e.g. Test A & Test B was successful with the file size 64kb (800++ numbers). The third test with file size 120kb was failed. The error is "Netout :Connection reset by peer". No password entered manually since the test run from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP put command problem

Hello,I am trying to put something on the ftp server using the put command. Whenever I try, I get this error: ftp> put SIMS.war local: SIMS.war remote: SIMS.war 200 PORT command successful 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied I have set rwx for all on that file and I still am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Status of FTP Put command

Can i capture the status of put command after i ftp a file? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-interactive FTP within SSH session not working

Hello everyone! I am trying to log-in to a remote server over SSH, transfer file1 there, perform some checks, capture the results in file2 and transfer file2 back to my local server - all of this non-interactively. Initially, I tried to do this within a singe SSH session, using the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subu1987
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hebrew character convert error while put thru ftp

Hi all , i have a script which cp xml files from linux to other server thru ftp my xml file contains charcters in hebrew . my script is #!/bin/bash HOST="....." USER="....." PASSWORD="..." cd /usr2/app/naama/ filelist='find . -mmin -60 | tail -n +2 | awk -F "/" '{print $2}' | grep xml'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song(3pm)

NAME
Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song - a song object with some audio tags VERSION
version 1.120881 DESCRIPTION
Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song is more a placeholder with some attributes. Those attributes are taken from the song tags, so some of them can be empty depending on the file. The constructor should only be called by Audio::MPD::Common::Item's constructor. ATTRIBUTES
album Album of the song. (format code: %d) artist Artist of the song. (format code: %a) albumartist Artist of the album. (format code: %A) composer Song composer. (format code: %C) date Last modification date of the song. (format code: %M) disc Disc number of the album. This is a string to allow tags such as "1/2". (format code: %D) file Path to the song. Only attribute which will always be defined. (format code: %f) genre Genre of the song. (format code: %g) id Id of the song in MPD's database. (format code: %i) last_modified Last time the song was modified. (format code: %m) name Name of the song (for http streams). (format code: %N) performer Song performer. (format code: %P) pos Position of the song in the playlist. (format code: %p) title Title of the song. (format code: %t) track Track number of the song. (format code: %n) time Length of the song in seconds. (format code: %l) METHODS
as_string my $str = $song->as_string( [$format] ); Return a string representing $song. If $format is specified, use it to format the string. Otherwise, the string returned will be: either "album = track = artist = title" or "artist = title" or "title" or "file" (in this order), depending on the existing tags of the song. The last possibility always exist of course, since it's a path. This method is also used to automatically stringify the $song. WARNING: the format codes are not yet definitive and may be subject to change! AUTHOR
Jerome Quelin COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-01 Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song(3pm)