Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX FastT600 - Cannot varyonvg on one server, but can varyonvg other server. Post 302316215 by Padow on Thursday 14th of May 2009 11:12:10 AM
Old 05-14-2009
homeyjoe is right. You'll need to update the zoning on your SAN switches. You will also need to update the SAN device, and it's wwpn mappings. Each LUN is "mapped" to particular fiber adapter addresses called wwpn's (world wide port name). SAN switches have zones which are part of zonesets. At it's simplest, zones specify which fiber adapters can communicate. zones are grouped together in zonesets.

You can determine what the wwpn of the new fiber card is using
Code:
lscfg -vpl fcs1 | grep Network

Beyond that, your SAN vendor should be able to walk you through the re-mapping.

Altering zones and zonesets are potentially very hazardous tasks. If you have multiple devices, you can affect them all. Update/change these with extreme caution and only if you are completely sure of what you are doing.
Padow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to varyonvg

Hello all, Strange problem on p5 520 server. I've created two volume groups, filesystems, etc.. Everything working fine, without any problem. After some tests with a DS4300 unit I wanted to remove the volume groups, change the DS4300 configuration, and re-create a new volumegroup. However, I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX varyonvg PVMISSING

Hi all. I'm new to AIX, so... We are running a BCV process between two AIX 5 machines attached to EMC Clariion SAN. During the varyonvg portion of the BCV process, we experienced a failure due to the physical volume is marked missing (PVMISSING). What diagnostics can I run to see the missing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSFlyer
2 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to execute varyonvg during importvg

Hello, On Aix 5.3, during importvg, the varyonvg fails: importvg -y vgtest hdisk20 0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on because there are no good copies of the descriptor area. When i use manually the command varyonvg -u -b -t vgtest to force, the vg can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

when users ftp to server the timezone reflected is UTC but the server is set to TZ in localtime

Guys, Need your help coz my server runs in local time GMT +8, but when client use ftp and login, the resulting timestamp seen in each file is in UTC format. We need to set that the time should be the same as GMT +8 when in ftp session. I am using RHEL 5.3. root@]# ll total 1740... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
2 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to varyonvg after copy vg from XIV

Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone of you using XIV to copy vg from one host to another. After I managed to copy all the respective vg over to destination vg, and map all vg to destination and when come to varyonvg, I got the following error 0516-510 varyonvg: Physical volume not found for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

10. AIX

Failed Disk,unable to varyonvg

Iam new to AIX I am unable varyonvg on the vios,some of the disk are reported as harware failure. I am going to replace the disk,Please tell me how to remove the disk without any corruption in the VG lspv -l hdiskx also didn't work (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roayaix
0 Replies
zoneadmd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      zoneadmd(1M)

NAME
zoneadmd - zone administration daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/zones/zoneadmd DESCRIPTION
zoneadmd is a system daemon that is started when the system needs to manage a particular zone. Because each instance of the zoneadmd daemon manages a particular zone, it is not unexpected to see multiple zoneadmd daemons running. This daemon is started automatically by the zone management software and should not be invoked directly. The daemon shuts down automati- cally when no longer in use. It does not constitute a programming interface, but is classified as a private interface. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), zlogin(1), svcadm(1M), zoneadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5), zones(5) NOTES
The zones(5) service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/zones:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2004 zoneadmd(1M)