Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Collecting specific portion from a file Post 302316195 by josephgreensr on Thursday 14th of May 2009 10:43:15 AM
Old 05-14-2009
Google "awk one liners" and see if anything there helps you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Collecting data from TOP to a file

Is there a way to collect data from top command to a file at regular intervals. I need this on HP-UX. I need to gather resident memory usage. I know that sar will give %cpu usage. There is a pmap command which gives memory usage in solaris. Is there a similar command in HP-UX Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove portion of file

Can anyone tell me how to remove a portion of a large file to smaller ones? What I have is a large file that was created becasue several similar files were joined together. Each individual file starts with MSG_HEAD. I want to take everything from MSG_HEAD up to were it says MSG_HEAD again and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help: Collecting similar messages in a file

Hi All, Since i am very new to shell scripting, i need help from you guys. Suppose there is a file containing: Log message: Ashish "asasasa" asasa asasa asasas.info1 Log message: Kapil "asasasa" asasa asasa asasas..info1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish.kapil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting out text from specific portion on filename

Hi, how do I go about cutting out the first numeric characters after the word "access"? access1005101228.merged-00.15.17.86.d8.b8.log.gz (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract portion of log info based on specific word

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract a specific wording for example: "A tool used by tp produced warnings" from my below log data, but could not find a way to solve it. My intention is, if the log contain the word: "A tool used by tp produced... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading a specific portion of a file using PERL

Hello, I am trying to read from a file using PERL:confused, however i need to read specific portions of the file the file goes like this <Name 1 Hono <Name 2 Jack and so on anyways i need to be able to write a program that ONLY opens the lines beginning with "<"? so it would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNDstudent
2 Replies

7. Programming

How access a specific memory portion through printf() function????

Hi friends, Hope everyone is doing well. Please have a look at this simple program, you will figure out what I want. #include <stdio.h> int main() { printf("Enter an integer!\n"); scanf( "%d", 134511890 ); // Valid address on my computer printf( "%d\n", ???? ); return 0; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting : Sort a Portion of a File and not the complete file

Need to sort a portion of a file in a Alphabetical Order. Example : The user adam is not sorted and the user should get sorted. I don't want the complete file to get sorted. Currently All_users.txt contains the following lines. ############## # ARS USERS ############## mike, Mike... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append portion of a file content to another file when a certain pattern is matching?

Hi ladies and gentleman.. I have two text file with me. I need to replace one of the file content to another file if one both files have a matching pattern. Example: text1.txt: ABCD 1234567,HELLO_WORLDA,HELLO_WORLDB DCBA 3456789,HELLO_WORLDE,HELLO_WORLDF text2.txt: XXXX,ABCD... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: bananamen
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collecting header from another file

I want to add header description from a file by matching the 2nd col of another file. . The lookup file is at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/COG/KOG/kog The table file looks like comp1001565_c0_seq1 At1g14590 48.48 66 34 0 200 3 171 236 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
1 Replies
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder - Builds relationships for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader SYNOPSIS
See DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Base. DESCRIPTION
This class builds relationships for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. This is module is not (yet) for external use. METHODS
new Arguments: $loader object generate_code Arguments: [ [ local_moniker1 (scalar), fk_info1 (arrayref), uniq_info1 (arrayref) ] [ local_moniker2 (scalar), fk_info2 (arrayref), uniq_info2 (arrayref) ] ... ] This generates the code for the relationships of each table. "local_moniker" is the moniker name of the table which had the REFERENCES statements. The fk_info arrayref's contents should take the form: [ { local_table => 'some_table', local_moniker => 'SomeTable', local_columns => [ 'col2', 'col3' ], remote_table => 'another_table_moniker', remote_moniker => 'AnotherTableMoniker', remote_columns => [ 'col5', 'col7' ], }, { local_table => 'some_other_table', local_moniker => 'SomeOtherTable', local_columns => [ 'col1', 'col4' ], remote_table => 'yet_another_table_moniker', remote_moniker => 'YetAnotherTableMoniker', remote_columns => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], }, # ... ], The uniq_info arrayref's contents should take the form: [ [ uniq_constraint_name => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], ], [ another_uniq_constraint_name => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], ], ], This method will return the generated relationships as a hashref keyed on the class names. The values are arrayrefs of hashes containing method name and arguments, like so: { 'Some::Source::Class' => [ { method => 'belongs_to', arguments => [ 'col1', 'Another::Source::Class' ], { method => 'has_many', arguments => [ 'anothers', 'Yet::Another::Source::Class', 'col15' ], ], 'Another::Source::Class' => [ # ... ], # ... } AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-08 DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)