Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to recognize a string and move it within a line? Post 302314473 by roussine on Friday 8th of May 2009 11:14:51 AM
Old 05-08-2009
Gorgeous Smilie i love unix. Many thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

move to a particular line

Hi, I need to create a report in unix by moving to specified lines and specified positions and print some strings etc.. for eg: i need to print a string on 15th line and 7th position of a file. Please suggest. Thanks, Mohan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to move a line after the matched pattern line

I have the following text format in a file which lists the question first and then 5 choices after that the explanantion and finally the answer. 1.The amount of time it takes for most of a worker’s occupational knowledge and skills to become obsolete has been declining because of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanchil_guy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move lines above a line onto one line

So say I have the file: john london 24 male ======== jane london 22 female ======== mike 23 ======== Bob how do i get the information i need on one line as such: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

5. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How does a shell script recognize the end of a line?

Hi friends , I want to know how does a shell script recognize the end of a line? . i have hunddres of proccedure to test where i want to ingnore the comments which starts with "--" .. it can start from the middle of the lines also. for example:: select * from table1; -- getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

move string in a text file

Hi all! I need some help in changing a text file. I have the following text file: 1,050406259214736,00010,5000,MZM,V050,20131231,EMIG 2,Available,20061126T10:40:15,vs,, 2,Used,20110813T12:32:35,,825351585,1411012901443027 1,050410256649750,00010,5000,MZM,V050,20131231,EMIG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Convert UNIX text file in Windows to recognize line breaks

Hmmm I think I found the correct subforum to ask my question... I have some text files that I prepared in vi some time ago, and now I want to open and edit them with Windows Notepad. I don't have a Unix terminal at the moment so I need to do the conversion in Windows. Is there a way to do this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frys_hp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UNIX text file in Windows to recognize line breaks

Hi all, I have some text files that I prepared in vi some time ago, and now I want to open and edit them with Windows Notepad. I don't have a Unix terminal at the moment so I need to do the conversion in Windows. Is there a way to do this? Or just reinsert thousands of line breaks again :eek: ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frys_hp
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to add a new string at the end of line by searching a string on the same line?

Hi, I have a file which is an extract of jil codes of all autosys jobs in our server. Sample jil code: ************************** permission:gx,wx date_conditions:yes days_of_week:all start_times:"05:00" condition: notrunning(appDev#box#ProductLoad)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavendra
1 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)