Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX changing values for nfs shared file system on aix Post 302314064 by manoj.solaris on Thursday 7th of May 2009 10:04:05 AM
Old 05-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
Usually you can edit all settings with smit. I guess you just did not find the right menu.
Also you could edit the /etc/exports manually for your exported FS'es, as the name says, or the /etc/filesystems for the nfs mounts being known to your box.
Thanks a lot zaxxon for prompt reply but after modifying /etc/exports wheather i have to restart nfs deamons?

btw I have run the command smitty chnfsexp -> selected "change / show attributes of exported directory "

it was showing

pathname of exported directory I have selected the path by pressing F4.

thanks for timely help.

Regards,

Manoj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX?

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlbertGao
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Mounting a NFS network file system across platforms - Solaris to AIX

Hi all, Kind of an emergency situation, I have to NFS mount an AIX filesystem on to a Sun Solaris OS (5.10). Typically from Sun to Sun is: mount -F nfs <remote file system>/dir <mount point> Which of course doesn't work if the remote file system is another OS (like AIX). Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access collision with shared file system

Hello ALL, In my system, there are 14 machines running the same version of Linux RHEL4. The 14 machines use a NFS file system, i.e., a shared file system. My question is that if the programs in individual machines can access a common file simutaneously. Or, they have to access the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Changing AIX system date

Hi, Experts, I required your help to change my system date from year 2010 to 2064. The change is required to perform some testing by our dba's and apllication developers. Through smit i am anable to chage the date and received error. I knew that AIX 5.3 TL8 system date is till year 2037 Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared File System Project Feasibility

I would be taking my masters degree project next year. So I am now in the process of thinking something that could help me get more in depth knowledge and will be a useful one in practice. I have thought about creating shared file system for clustered environments (like GPFS,GFS). I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX flag to reduce size of shared file

I am using xlC (Version: 11.01.0000.0011). While build i am using "-g" to have debug information in build. there are many object files (>500) due to which resultant shared file (.so) will have huge size. I can't reduce optimization level. Is there any way or flag is present by using which i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhi04
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Cluster Show shared file systems.

Hello, I am working on applications on an AIX 6.1 two-node cluster, with an active and passive node. Is there a command that will show me which mount points / file systems are shared and 'swing' from one node to the other when the active node changes, and which mount points are truly local to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Setting UID and GID for shared folder using NFS method in Linux system

Hi everyone, have a good day to you. I am trying to use NFS to share a folder between 2 linux systems. Let's say the server which is sharing the folder is server A and the client which need to access this shared folder is server B. In server B, i am having a Joe user which UID and GID is 500.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
1 Replies
KERNEL 
PMDAS(1) General Commands Manual KERNEL PMDAS(1) NAME
pmdaaix, pmdadarwin, pmdafreebsd, pmdalinux, pmdanetbsd, pmdasolaris, pmdawindows - operating system kernel performance metrics domain agents SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/aix/pmdaaix [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/darwin/pmdadarwin [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/freebsd/pmdafreebsd [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/linux/pmdalinux [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/netbsd/pmdanetbsd [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/solaris/pmdasolaris [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/windows/pmdawindows [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
Each supported platform has a kernel Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics from the kernel of that platfrom. A variety of platform-specific metrics are available, with an equally varied set of access mechanisms - typically this involves special system calls, or reading from files in kernel virtual filesystems such as the Linux sysfs and procfs filesystems. The platform kernel PMDA is one of the most critical components of the PCP installation, and must be as efficient and reliable as possible. In all installations the default kernel PMDA will be installed as a shared library and thus executes directly within the pmcd(1) process. This slightly reduces overheads associated with querying the metadata and values associated with these metrics (no message passing is required). Unlike many other PMDAs, the kernel PMDA exports a number of metric namespace subtrees, such as kernel, network, swap, mem, ipc, filesys, nfs, disk and hinv (hardware inventory). Despite usually running as shared libraries, most installations also include a stand-alone executable for the kernel PMDA. This is to aid profiling and debugging activities, with dbpmda(1) for example. In this case (but not for shared libraries), the following command line options are available: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named [platform].log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmda[plat- form] is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. INSTALLATION
Access to the names, help text and values for the kernel performance metrics is available by default - unlike most other agents, no action is required to enable them and they should not be removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/[platform]/help default help text file for the the kernel metrics $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/pmcd.log default log file for error messages and other information from the kernel PMDA. PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), dbpmda(1) pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP KERNEL PMDAS(1)