Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming its been a while, but its comming back! Post 302312348 by flyboy on Friday 1st of May 2009 01:06:01 AM
Old 05-01-2009
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

hahaha, thanks alot, I knew it had to be something simple. I was trying to remember if the file declarations were like array's in that you don't have to do that, but after you said that i did some digging (just for giggles) and i did find that the book mentioned that.

program works like butta now, I'll post a script tomorow!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with comming out on internet

Hi I am runnig Sun solaris 9 on Intel. I have problem with comming out on internet, i can ping the other machine that are in the network. what should i do? /stefan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steffa
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help about back up

Hi this is Ramana.sv new to this group, please help me about my question, i am using HP-UX11.11i with oracle 10G this server is in india and i have another server in US with same HP-UX with oracle10G, what i want is i want to rename the local database in local HP server and copy the database from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcseramana
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

back up

hi all i need to transfer files from one server to another,but i have to make up a backup with a datestamp on the destination server beore i move the new files from the source to the destination server. example source server destination server a.sun a.sun b.sun ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
0 Replies

4. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Oracle db is not comming up..

Hi, We need to the file(blocks) should be unlimited...tried ulimit -f unlimited.. but still its not working..this is solaris 9 system. Please help me out.this is production server... orapd1 2% ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) 1000000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output is not comming as expected

Hi All, I am in middle of one script. I want output in the form of xls file. There are 4 fields - user name, email Id, full name, date of birth. I want these details to get in seperate columns. But, i am getting it in the single cell and as like a paragraph.:mad: Please suggest me some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - output comming strange: for operator ~ and == .

Hi awk experts, I am getting a strange output , may be it is normal but I am unable to comprehend, When Using == operator it is showing correct: # ls -l | awk '{for (i=0;i<=NF;i++) if ( $i =="info" )print $1,$6,$7,$8,$9}' drwx------ Jan 17 10:44 info But When using ~ (equal )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies
CHECKSECURITY(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  CHECKSECURITY(8)

NAME
checksecurity - Run a collection of simple system checks SYNOPSIS
checksecurity DESCRIPTION
The checksecurity command runs a small collection of simple system checks which are designed to catch a few common security issues. check- security is run by cron in a daily basis. CONFIGURATION
The checksecurity.conf file defines several configuration variables: MAILTO, CHECK_DISKFREE, CHECK_PASSWD and CHECK_SETUID LOGDIR. Each is described below. The checksecurity program works with a collection of plugins which are located in /usr/share/checksecurity and are configured individually by their own configuration file. CHECK_PASSWD If this is set to TRUE then the check-passwd script will be invoked. This script is designed to report upon system accounts which have no passwords. CHECK_DISKFREE If this is set to TRUE then the check-diskfree script will be invoked and will allow an alert to be sent if there is any mounted partition is running short on disk space. CHECK_SETUID If this is set to TRUE then the check-setuid script will be invoked, this will compare the setuid binaries upon the system to those that existed previously and show the differences. FILES
/etc/checksecurity.conf checksecurity configuration file SEE-ALSO See also check-diskfree(8), check-setuid(8), and check-passwd(8) Debian Linux 2 February 1997 CHECKSECURITY(8)