Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Netra T1 won't poweron/no POST Post 302312131 by detach8 on Thursday 30th of April 2009 01:02:39 PM
Old 04-30-2009
incredible, thanks for your advice.

I have a PSU shipping from USA to SG right now that I bought off eBay. However that PSU has the same manufacturer model but the connector looks wrong. I will have to figure out how to attach the current connector when it arrives.

Meanwhile, the PSU actually powers up fine with my manual bypass. I have a voltmeter and it reads the voltage correctly. I am worried it might be a dead board and I end up wasting $ on a PSU since the 'poweron' function is just an electronic switch within the board.

Do you have any idea what ALARM3 actually means? From what I know thats a user programmable alarm, but I don't see any logs or anything indicating a bad PSU.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Fire V1280 / E2900 / Netra 1280

Hello, I'm trying to fix this server System Board (CPU/Memory Unit). The error indicates that its missing 3.3VDC. So far all the fuses and caps have been checked. I new at this type of machine, need help for idea on this system. Thank you in advance. Vu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhtran
0 Replies

2. Solaris

sun netra t1

so i've grabbed this sun netra t1 for some small dev work. now obviously i need to install sol10. no problem done it a million times except for the fact that i've never actually done it w/o a term server. so i grab a usb to serial and a serial to rj45 (the one you get in every cisco order.. roll... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
24 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Refurbished Netra 240 servers hangs after POST test

Hello everyone, I'm extremely new when it comes to SUN servers so bear with me and hopefully I can describe the issue I have accurately. At work we just received a refurbished SUN Netra 240 server. I was told to change some of the EEprom settings, and to do that I was to use a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afferbwt
0 Replies

4. Solaris

SUN Netra 240 Boot error

Hi, When I am trying to boot my SUN Netra 240 Machine its giving some boot error. > {1} ok boot -i > Boot device: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/disk@0,0:a File and args: -i > Boot load failed. > The file just loaded does not appear to be executable. > {1} ok I tried to boot it from cdrom... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppandey21
9 Replies

5. Hardware

[solved] Sun Netra X1 - Adding a Second Hard Drive

As the title suggests, I'm trying to install a second drive (really want an OS mirror) on a Sun Netra X1. I've taken the spacer out, and had a go at with the drill-press so now I have a nice HDD tray. Have installed an IDE drive in the tray, plugged in the power and data cables that were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
0 Replies

6. Hardware

POST displays error sparc netra 240

Hi guys, when I power on my sun netra 240 server, it displays these error messages: 1. Notice: cpu 0 has 2048/2048 MB of memory disabled. 2. Error : The following devices are disabled dimm1. Please can anyone be kind enough to explain this for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun Oracle Netra T5220 processor help

I recently required some Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I do not have much knowledge of Sun products. The units do not have video cards or hard drives. How can I tell/go about figuring out what clock speed and how many cores the processor is? They are all outfitted with 32GB of memory. Two are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Fsck: alignment error Solaris 8, SUN Netra AX11505

Hello all, I recently powered on my Netra AX1105 server only to be greeted with the following error message. I am not sure what to do here, I cant fun fsck on OK prompt.. did ok>boot -r and now it keeps booting from net, then I run ok>boot disk then outputs the following message... and keeps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SUn Netra X4200 M2 Drivers

Hi Guys, Could someone please share the dvd/cd that came with server Netra x4200 M2 since it is not more available in Oracle site? Or do you know where I can get that? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CristianS
4 Replies
GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON.3(October 1, 1997)									     GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON.3(October 1, 1997)

NAME
GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON - copy a physical connector from an instance in the current figure SYNOPSYS
#include <genlib.h> void GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON(index, conname, insname, newname) long index; char *insname; char *conname; char *newname; ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr PARAMETERS
index Connector index in the instance conname Name of the connector in the instance model insname Name of the instance the connector belongs to newname Name to be given to the connector in the current figure DESCRIPTION
COPY_UP_CON copies a instance connector into the current layout figure, and gives to the new connector the name newname. The instance con- nector is identified by its name, conname, and index, index. Two behaviour are expected, depending on the instance connector location regarding the abutment box of the current figure. Connector on the abutment box The figure connector is place right over the instance connector. The single connector is duplicated. Connector inside the abutment box The instance connector face is computed in the figure, and then, the connector is duplicated on the given face, at the right coordinates for this face. Then a wire is drawn between the instance connector and the figure connector in the connector layer. If newname is NULL, then not connector is copied up, on the segment is drawn to the side of the abutment box. ERRORS
"GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON impossible : missing GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG" No figure has been yet specified by a call to DEF_PHFIG. So it isn't possible to place a connector inside it. you must call DEF_PHFIG before any other layout action. "*** genlib error *** GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON impossible : connector conname index index of instance insname, current figure doesn't exist" The given connector does not exist in the current figure. EXAMPLE
#include <genlib.h> main() { /* Create a figure to work on */ GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG("cell"); . . GENLIB_PLACE_LEFT("gaer0_f", "insN", SYMXY); . . GENLIB_DEF_AB(0L, 0L, 0L, 0L); /* Put a connector */ GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON("i0", 1, "insN", "inz0"); /* Save that on disk */ GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(); } SEE ALSO
genlib(1), GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG(3), GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(3), GENLIB_COPY_UP_ALL_CON(3), GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON_FACE(3), GENLIB_PHCON(3), GEN- LIB_THRU_CON_H(3), GENLIB_THRU_CON_V(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. PROCEDURAL GENERATION LANGUAGE
ASIM/LIP6 GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON.3(October 1, 1997)