Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep and rename the filename
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep and rename the filename Post 302311958 by devtakh on Thursday 30th of April 2009 04:44:09 AM
Old 04-30-2009
Code:
for file in PTWO/*
do
mv "$file" "COM$(date + "%Y%m%d").txt"
done

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

Last edited by devtakh; 04-30-2009 at 06:00 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple filename.45267.txt to >> filename.txt

i have several thousand files and in subdirs that are named file.46634.txt budget.75346.pdf etc i want to remove the number but retain the extension. it is always a 5 digit. thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename all files that have a certain text in the filename using tcsh shell

Hello~ I'm on AIX version 5 and I believe I have the tcsh shell environment to play in. Can you guys help me with a solution to rename all files that have "eclp" in the filename to "ecl" ? I basically want to rename the files and strip the "p" out. i.e. original filenames: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: in2vtec
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rename a filename in a directory?

Hi, I've got a large to task to do, which I've broken into three section. I'm just stuck on one of the sections. I have to change the end of a filename from .txt to .doc in a directory. So if I have a directory called "folder1" and two files contained in it called "file1.txt" and "file2.txt",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeddyP
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename filename

Hi, I am pretty new to this. I have a condition where in I want to replace all files within a folder. All filenames with character "abc" would need to replaced with "xyz". eg: helloabcworld-->helloxyzworld helloworld-->helloworld ... ... Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakets_2000
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename FileName in the Directory

In the Directory all the Files are following format. Filename_yyyymmdd_numbers.txt eg. file_name_20120106_015802.txt . I want to write the Shell script to rename all the file to file_name.txt.in the directory. Thanks Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget same filename from subdirectories and rename or concat

I would like to wget a file "index.html" from a site which is lies in different subdirectories and is different in size. The index.html shall be concatenated or renamed to index01.html index02.html .... I would like to store this file in just one directory and use the option -nd. Though i can't get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all files (filename with spaces) to different extension

Hi, I have files with filenames as below. SGM Daily Sales Email-en-us-05312012.xlwa I want to rename it in .xls. I am writing a script to change this, as there can be multiple files in subfolders. I have the following script. #!/bin/ksh for oldfile in $(find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename rename with characters of file

Hi, I need a bit of help. I've used awk to get the first 7 characters of a file - awk '{print substr($0,0,7)}' test.csv How do I now take this variable to rename test.csv to variable.csv ? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sianm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to get one to one map and rename the filename

I have 2 files sorted by numerically. I need help with shell script to read these 2 files and do a 1:1 mapping and rename the filenames with the mapped case#; For example: cat case.txt 10_80 10_90 cat files.txt A BCD_x 1.pdf A BCD_x 2.pdf ls pdf_dir A BCD_x 1.pdf A BCD_x 2.pdf ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename first N numeric strings in filename

Hello, I have some video files containing numbers and characters . To tell the problem shortly, due to a limitation, I am unable create a playlist regularly changing on a daily basis with the command shuffle....So I decided to rename filenames, just a replacement of first five numbers randomly.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)