Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using bc to assign value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using bc to assign value Post 302311456 by navjinder on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 05:41:47 PM
Old 04-28-2009
MySQL

Thanks tyler_durden. A good job done, yea it makes more sense thanks again Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a value to variable

I have to assign a result of a query to a vairable like this how can i do this Query = select count(*) from table x=`db2 ${Query}| sed -n '4p'` but this doesn't work, is there any other way to assign the result without redirecting the result to temp file. . Thanks Mark. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign the specific value

Hi Everyone, How to assign the specific value which return from database? here is the return value from database --> (return status = 0) 0 <----- this I only need to get the "0" .. assign to another declare variable. hope someone will help me.. Please thank you.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign a sting to a name?

i want to assign a anme for a string, i got the things below, but it doesn't work. MParc1=`` if then $MPrac1=`Prac1` # assign $MPrac1 to Prac1 else $MPrac1=`` #assigne $MPrac1 to nothing fi echo "${MPrac1} >>file Output: (if num is 0) Prac1 can you please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to assign a value to variable

Hi Experts, I am facing some problem while developing the script.My input config.csv file contains the three columns namely pathname,filename,filetype.Based on the file type i have to use ftp command that is if filetype=csv then do ftp. The input file is cat config.csv... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign the value

DATA --------------- 0 Please tell me, if the file contains 0 after --. then assign the value to variable $var=false, DATA --------------- 1 then $var=true, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign value

#! /bin/bash if ; then echo "Set number " else k=$1 sqlplus ${scheme}/${apsswd}@${server} @query.sql $k fi file query.sql looks like this select * from tab1 where number =${k}; =================================== it doesnt work my question is how to assign k value in last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
2 Replies

7. Linux

HOW TO assign IP in REDHAT 6?

Hi Guys, It may sound silly questions but I am really confused and forgot the sequence to set IP in REDHAT 6. 1st type system-config-network then I give IP as 192.168.1.78 Subnet as 255.255.255.0 Then do /etc/init.d/network restart Then when I check with ifconfig eth0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assign dir name

Hi guys i need to assign to a $var the name of a directory i've created before like this: mkdir cd /esb/cargomax/fuse/SMX_SV_$(date +%F) i guess this is very simple, but..... Thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to assign a value

I have written a shell script to calculate dbsize :- db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}' dbsize=`db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}'` echo $dbsize when I execute it the syntax works but it's not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check assign

I have a person script which has a following statement. BUILD_FOLDER=$2 i=$((${#BUILD_FOLDER}-1)) if then BUILD_FOLDER=$BUILD_FOLDER/ #echo $BUILD_FOLDER else echo " " #echo $BUILD_FOLDER fi What and how this statement works ? i=$((${#BUILD_FOLDER}-1)) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
5 Replies
faxrm(1)                                                       mgetty+sendfax manual                                                      faxrm(1)

NAME
faxrm - remove fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxrm [-i] [job-ids...] DESCRIPTION
Remove job(s) from the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxrm removes queued fax jobs. Call with a list of job-IDs to remove specific jobs. Call with no job IDs to be asked interactively about all jobs you own (if run by root, all jobs). For job-id, use the strings returned by faxq(1) (e.g. F000015), without the ``/JOB'' exten- tion. If you are not the owner of the fax job (as per the 'user xyz' statement inside the JOB file), you are not allowed to remove the fax job. Only root is permitted to remove another user's faxes. If the job is locked (most likely because sendfax(8) is active sending it), faxrm doesn't attempt to remove it. Instead, it prints a warn- ing message on stderr and goes on to the next job. EXAMPLES
faxrm F000005 F000033 OPTIONS
-i (interactive mode) Tells faxrm to ask for confirmation before removing the job (UNIMPLEMENTED). BUGS
faxrm doesn't return diagnostic exit codes yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxrunq(8), faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxrm is Copyright (C) 1993-2002 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 23 Nov 02 faxrm(1)