Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bos.rte missing or broken
Operating Systems AIX bos.rte missing or broken Post 302311411 by homeyjoe on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 02:46:03 PM
Old 04-28-2009
Couple questions for you:

1) What tech level are you supposed to be at?
2) Which flag(s) are you using with lppchk?
3) What does 'oslevel -s' show?
4) What does 'instfix -i |grep ML' show?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX5.2 ML-03 rpm.rte

Dear All, Kindly note that i am in site and i have to upgrade an application on the server AIX 5.2 ML-03 , but i need to install the following patch first which is important : patch 'rpm.rte' must be installed with level '3.0.5.35' i need it urgent . please note that i could not find it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. AIX

Perl.rte needed..

Hello I was installing ssh in Aix 4.3 but found that "perl.rte and rpm.rte" was not installed. but to my bad luck i was not able to find these packages for Aix 4.3. Ibm site just has these packages only for 5L. Can anyone help me in finding these packages. Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

3. AIX

About bos.rte v=4,r<2

I have check the fileset with in AIX 4.2 and I have found this error after I type in lppchk -v. Can anyone help me out with this problem ? I am new here. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fla22
1 Replies

4. AIX

lppchk errors: bos.rte.filesystem

Hi all, I installed AIX 5.3 (TL 5300-08-01) and after that I updated to TL 5300-09-01. The problem is that, when I issue "lppchk -v" I get the following error: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
10 Replies

5. AIX

bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating. (fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wesiman
1 Replies

6. AIX

broken fileset bos.net.ipsec.keymgt

hi Guys, after an TL update from ML3 to TL10, bos.net.ipsec.keymgt fileset got broken. Although IPsec is not used, we like to all installations identical. After removing the fileset, I tried to reinstall with options overwrite or 'automatically install prereq.' The installation fails. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
2 Replies

7. Solaris

hard disk broken, relocate user's home dir. All setting missing

Hi, guys I am a super newbie in solaris admin.... Now I got a problem. Due to the broken of one of Raid system, some user home directory is missing. Someone advises me to relocate the home directory on the new drive. I have googled and have tried " usermode -d " command. But I found a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_dw
3 Replies

8. AIX

Downgrade bos.rte.install ?

Hello, Running AIX 6.1 TL2 SP4. bos.rte.install was upgraded to 6.1.4.1 by accident(commited). I'm trying to downgrade it. On my install DVD I found bos.rte.install_6.1.2.1.bff. So I'm trying to downgrade: # installp -acF -d/soft1 bos.rte.install 6.1.2.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

9. AIX

Missing base level fileset for "bos.loc.utf.EN_US"

I need to install "bos.loc.utf.EN_US" in AIX ( version 6100-06-05-1115). I found the right bff U845493 and I smitty to install it and encountered the "missing requisites" error in which missing the "base level fileset" . And I couldn't find this fileset from the Internet for long. Do any one able... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshcheng
2 Replies

10. AIX

Missing Base level fileset of bos.adt.debug

I need to install "bos.adt.debug" in AIX ( version 6100-06-05-1115). I found the right bff U818918 and I smitty to install it and encountered the "missing requisites" error as attached in which missing the "base level fileset" bos.adt.debug 6.1.0.0. And I couldn't find this fileset from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshcheng
3 Replies
BOS_GETRESTRICTED(8)					       AFS Command Reference					      BOS_GETRESTRICTED(8)

NAME
bos_getrestricted - Displays whether a bos server is restricted or not SYNOPSIS
bos getrestricted -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The bos getrestricted command shows whether the server machine named by the -server argument is running in restricted mode. Restricted mode limits access to certain bos commands. See bos_setrestricted(8) for details of which commands are disabled by restricting a server. Use the bos setrestricted command to restrict, or un-restrict, a server. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine for which to display the restart times. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully- qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output consists of a single line Restricted mode is <val> Where <val> is "on" or "off" PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), bos(8), bos_setrestricted(8), COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Simon Wilkinson for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_GETRESTRICTED(8)