Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with a possiable syntax issue in my script Post 302311278 by durden_tyler on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 10:27:28 AM
Old 04-28-2009
I do not have Unix/Linux right now, but try out this modified script:

Code:
#!perl -w
open(LOG, ">log-udates.txt") or die "Could not open log: $!\n";
open( IN, "<m-names.txt") or die "Could not open m-names.txt: $!\n";
while( <IN> ){
  chomp;
  my $subnet = $_;
  print "Checking $subnet\n";
  my $dnsoptions = `./getzoneprof -u Xx -p Xx -a $subnet -o steve`;
  $/="";
  $dnsoptions =~ s/.*Sark DNS 4.X Options.*?Import External Updates=(\S+).*/$1/s;
  $/="\n";
  #next unless (my ($IEU) = $dnsoptions =~ /Sark DNS 4.X Options.*?Import External Updates=(\S+)/s);
  next unless $dnsoptions =~ /(True|False)/;
  print LOG "$subnet\n";
  print LOG "Sark DNS 4.X Options field found, "
  . "Import External Updates= $dnsoptions\n";
}
close(IN);
close(LOG);

Hope that helps,
tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Calculate scores and probability -- Syntax issue

Hi, I am totally new to C programming on Sun Solaris environment. I am an active member on the UNIX forum and a good shell programmer. I am trying to achieve some calculations in C programming. I have the pseudo code written down but don't know the syntax. I am reading a couple of books on C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue in ksh file

Hi all, I am struck with syntax for long time, Need to purge some lines from given file Not able to use value of $x Example of ksh script... Facing some syntax issue. Have Tried ‘with single , double ,backtick “” ` and \ escape character , doesn't seem to work. <line 1> echo $x #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manav666
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding syntax error Issue

Hi i as you may already know i am creating a menu driven program. I have chosen to take the approach of implementing each interface individually, after adding another interface and attempting to run the program i am faced with the following error: ./Assigntest: line 32: syntax error near... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr/bc syntax issue

Hi, I am facing issues in my shell script while trying to add two variables. Look at the snippet below for details: # Initially variable SAMPLE1 and SAMPLE2 are set from different sources. Have trucated decimal to avoid numeric errors in expr SAMPLE1=`/usr/bin/top -n 1 | head -3 | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error, not understanding the issue?

Close please. Refer to following thread: Sub Menu issues (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banned
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue with quotes in mysql command for a bash script

i'm trying to write a bash script that executes a mysql statement mysql -sN -e INSERT INTO "$database"."$tableprefix"users (var1, var2,var3) VALUES (123, '1','') i don't know where to put the quotes it doesnt work with this one: ` it seems i can only put double quotes around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Issue

Hello all. Need a bit of help... I have : previous_tmp0=`cat tmp0.txt` previous_tmp1=`cat tmp1.txt` previous_tmp2=`cat tmp2.txt` previous_tmp3=`cat tmp3.txt` previous_tmp4=`cat tmp4.txt` previous_tmp5=`cat tmp5.txt` previous_tmp6=`cat tmp6.txt` previous_tmp7=`cat tmp7.txt` Now I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH IF syntax issue

Hi All, I'm trying to write a simple if statement in TCSH and I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've played around with all sorts of permutations of syntax. if ($DESKTOP_SESSION == "kde") then replace "forceFontDPI=0" "forceFontDPI=96" --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VerticalMule
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dpkg Syntax Issue . . .

Greetings! I'm trying to get dpkg to just completely extract a multi-part *.deb archive set into a single folder called "output". Simple? Hmmmm.... dpkg --noforce --unpack *.deb /output/Console after ops: However, "--noforce" is taken directly from the helpfile Options listing as furnished... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
8 Replies
IPROP-LOG(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      IPROP-LOG(8)

NAME
iprop-log -- maintain the iprop log file SYNOPSIS
iprop-log [--version] [-h | --help] command iprop-log truncate [-c file | --config-file=file] [-r string | --realm=string] [-h | --help] iprop-log dump [-c file | --config-file=file] [-r string | --realm=string] [-h | --help] iprop-log replay [--start-version=version-number] [--end-version=version-number] [-c file | --config-file=file] [-r string | --realm=string] [-h | --help] DESCRIPTION
Supported options: --version -h, --help command can be one of the following: truncate -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm Truncates the log. Sets the new logs version number for the to the last entry of the old log. If the log is truncted by emptying the file, the log will start over at the first version (0). dump -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm Print out all entries in the log to standard output. replay --start-version=version-number start replay with this version --end-version=version-number end replay with this version -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm Replay the changes from specified entries (or all if none is specified) in the transaction log to the database. last-version -c file, --config-file=file configuration file -r string, --realm=string realm prints the version of the last log entry. SEE ALSO
iprop(8) BSD
February 18, 2007 BSD