Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why is it denying me permission? Post 302309811 by Ygor on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 01:43:16 AM
Old 04-23-2009
Directories need execute permissions.
Try...
chmod 770 dirname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su permission

Hi Forums, It seems to me that I can't use "su" command. When I type "su", I get the following message: /sbin/su - Permission denied Am I missing any thing? By the way I am using IRIX6.5 on a SGI computer. Many thanks in advance for your help. Cheers, Siavoush (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavoush
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission help

Ok heres the situation I've been studying Solaris 8 for about 6 months now and some things click in my head but others don't. One of the things that don't click are file permissions. For example I login at work and I use the ls -l command to get a long listing of the files w/ the permissions.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission

Is it possible to set owner to a group? I need to have a group own a process, because there will be 3 diffrent persons that will start and stop this process. They can not use the same users cause och back logging. we need to know who end when a certian user start/stops processes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dozy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission?

What does the following permission indicate? -rwSr----- 1 oracle dba 1536 Nov 7 17:05 orapwRTMDB Thanks, Rahul. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

access permission

hi, I have an account (i.e. abc) which is set up to sftp files from server A to server B; on server B, I have an account (i.e. def) which I use to perform various operation which include invoke certain scripts to execute my java programs. These programs use the files received from server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

6. AIX

Denying IPaddress for Multiple Failed Login Attempts

Hi. I would like to be able to deny IP address for too many failed login attemps (either from ssh, sftp, ftp, etc). The system I wish this to work on is an AIX 5.1 system. I'm new to AIX but I'm a linux user. There is a program for linux called fail2ban which reads from the log files and see if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metzgerh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with user permission

hi everyone. iīve been burning my head for a week now with this problem and i couldnīt find a solution. iīve been looking for an answer in this forum but nothing either. so i decided to ask. the thing is, i want to create a users with permission to kill just a group of users. i know how to write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasmarin
6 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Permission (I Think)

Pictures by worthamtx - Photobucket The URL is graphic view my present concern. Old partition working great sdb1 both appear on nautilus, both deliver icons to desk top. Based on the label handling of gparted results I tried following with success sudo mkdir /media/disk/data sudo chown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 77yrold
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission

Hello Whenever we want to oen any type of file by name, we must have execute perm. in each dir. mentioned in the name. I changed the dir permission using chmod to test the validity of this statement. but i still can open the file ------- any guides would be appreciable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

really need help with permission changes

I dont understand why permission changes are being such a pain in the bum even after I manually changed them through properties....Anyone know what to do here because even thoguh in properties the permissions make me local admin over in the Cygwin its not working.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: okhawaja
5 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CGI::Pretty(3pm)