Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sunfire e25k need configuration information Post 302309065 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 21st of April 2009 03:49:25 AM
Old 04-21-2009
go to docs.sun.com and download the documentation for sunfire series server... to explain what you need isn't a shorty!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

RSC on SunFire 480R

When I try to connect to a RSC console using the serial port by modem, I can connect but I can't type username neither password because the screen scrolls up. At the loghistory shows the message: RSC Login failure. Using serial without modem, it works well. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Livio
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Is possible to start Xserver in a domain of E25K without graphics card?

Hi, I need to start the Xserver process in a domain of a E25K which has installed Solaris 8, however this domain doesn't have installed a graphic card, is this possible? Or is there any way to emulate this process? In fact I don't know how to stop or start the Xserver process, is with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf8006
5 Replies

3. Solaris

I cant boot my sunfire v120

Please, I have a SunFire v120 and I don't know what happens... When I try poweron and use a notebook to conect to my system I got this message: Type control-d to proceed with normal starup (or give root password for system maintenance) If i click control+d some errors appear (cant mount... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: bianca
24 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't bring E25K system controller to OK prompt

Hi, Due to some changes at our company, we lost the password for the root and sms-svc account on the primary system controller (E25K). We connected a serial console to the system controller but we never managed to break the session to bring it to the OK prompt. (tried: ~#, ~ b, ~, , a b,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
9 Replies

5. Solaris

E25k domain server am unable to access console.

Hi Guys, I am working on the e25k server. There is 4 domain configured Once domain is down So I tried to access the console for the problem domain. using console -d B but its showing following error message. bash-2.05$ console -d B Domain administration permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumsun
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuration Information tools

Hi All; I was exploring options of setting up a centralized configuration information respository which could be managed by a GUI/Web.I have around 100+ servers all running linux (mostly redhat).I tried the Apache/Mysql/Script based approach,unfortunately I do not have the time/experstise to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have two SunFire boxes

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and probably 'unix for dummies' or maybe unix hardware for dummies is a good place to post my question. I'm the I S manager for a small county, just myself and one good tech. We recently had two SunFire T2000 boxes donated to us. We both have a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starrouter
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Sunfire V880

Hi Does someone have the latest firmware for a sunfire v880 I have a problem with the FC-AL disk i guess i need to upgrade the firmware but i dont have a support with oracle and i can't find it anywhere thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)