Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp, chown, untar
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cp, chown, untar Post 302308250 by rwuerth on Friday 17th of April 2009 12:50:10 PM
Old 04-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by topic32428285
it printed error
Not enough to go on for me to help you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

chown

hello chown not change ownership before: 205:system ~kuku chown kuku:system ~kuku after no change 205:system ~kuku aix box can someone help me? ariec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chown issue

I have a strange problem in my Linux box (Suse). Recently I took over this box as admin even though I have no prior admin experience. Following is my issue I had following users under 'root' group initially user1 user2 user3 Since I did not like user ids under root group. I modifed these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chgrp and Chown ???

Hi Can anybody please let me know the usage of Chgrp command with an example??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reg chown

hi i wrote a script to run 'C' executable which will create a new file, after that util is completed, i have to change the file ownership to some other user. for that i used "chown" for changing the file permission in Korn script :confused:but it is throwing error is "operation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilayans
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to untar then chown, and chmod

I'm changing (trying to anyway) a script that will need to unrar a file, this file will create a directory with files in it. Then I need to change the owner ship and permission on that directory. Finally, I will rsync the directory to another machine. This is what I have so far. #!/bin/bash ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walkerl
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown

is there a difference in chown on a file or a directory? how do i chown a directory and all the contents? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

7. AIX

Trouble in chown

I'm a owner of directories or files why I can't deliver the ownership of them up to other users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kang
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chown - error

I have a file fin2009_4.txt.gz in the unix ftp server. Owner of the file is: ftpusr. -rw-r--r-- 1 ftpusr sap 0 Feb 19 10:19 fin2009_4.txt.gz When I try to delete this file after copying to my home folder, I am getting the following error. rm: fin2009_4.txt.gz1: override... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid1982
4 Replies

9. Solaris

chown

Hello My oracledatabase creats some xmlfiles. this files has the owner hugo. now I've a script (how runs als hugo2) and this script will insert this XMLFile into the database. But that doesn't work, because the owner of the files is wrong, and hugo has not the rights to insert this files into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Street
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help. can't do chown ????

I am trying to change the directory to owner of Sybase. But I get permission denied. I did login as root. newd1> ls -l total 58 drwxr-xr-x 2 prod develop 5 Oct 17 06:51 bin drwxr-xr-x 2 prod develop 7 Oct 17 07:18 etc dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
15 Replies
pfexec(1)							   User Commands							 pfexec(1)

NAME
pfexec, pfsh, pfcsh, pfksh - execute a command in a profile SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pfexec command /usr/bin/pfexec -P privspec command [ arg ]... /usr/bin/pfsh [ options ] [ argument ]... /usr/bin/pfcsh [ options ] [ argument ]... /usr/bin/pfksh [ options ] [ argument ]... DESCRIPTION
The pfexec program is used to execute commands with the attributes specified by the user's profiles in the exec_attr(4) database. It is invoked by the profile shells, pfsh, pfcsh, and pfksh which are linked to the Bourne shell, C shell, and Korn shell, respectively. Profiles are searched in the order specified in the user's entry in the user_attr(4) database. If the same command appears in more than one profile, the profile shell uses the first matching entry. The second form, pfexec -P privspec, allows a user to obtain the additional privileges awarded to the user's profiles in prof_attr(4). The privileges specification on the commands line is parsed using priv_str_to_set(3C). The resulting privileges are intersected with the union of the privileges specified using the "privs" keyword in prof_attr(4) for all the user's profiles and added to the inheritable set before executing the command. USAGE
pfexec is used to execute commands with predefined process attributes, such as specific user or group IDs. Refer to the sh(1), csh(1), and ksh(1) man pages for complete usage descriptions of the profile shells. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Obtaining additional user privileges example% pfexec -P all chown user file This command runs chown user file with all privileges assigned to the current user, not necessarily all privileges. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), profiles(1), sh(1), exec_attr(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Mar 2003 pfexec(1)