Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File exist test
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File exist test Post 302307291 by Pokermad on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 04:23:10 AM
Old 04-15-2009
File exist test

Can someone please shed light on why this may not be working, file does exist, but I get an error

if [[ ! -f `${source_path}/${file_mask}` ]]
then
echo "No ${source_path}/${file_mask} found - ">> ${logfile}
result=1
check_result ${result} "Failed to find file ${source_path}/${file_mask}"
fi

source_path=$HOME/xxxx
file_mask=iamafile_[0-9][0-9][0-9]_[a-z].dat

Many Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer Error(the Object Instance Test Does Not Exist)

Hello, i need some help about how to set up a high velocity impact printer in UNIX SCO 5.05, this printer is attached with a parallel port in a PC(host), the host use tunemul to access unix.(this reference is just to ask you if this is a local or remote connection, just to be sure), so, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jav_v
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script check for a file to exist before processing another file

I have a shell script that runs all the time looking for a certain type of file and then it processes the file through a series of other scripts. The script is watching a directory that has files uploaded to it via SFTP. It already checks the size of the file to make sure that it is not still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check whether list file present in TXT file exist or not

Hi All, I have txt file which has list of files. I have to check whether these files exist or not. Thanks supriya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Programming

Kernel module - How to test if file doesn't exist

Hey, I'm currently getting into some kernel module progamming. As a little exercise I want to read the headers out of an ELF file. My code is very simple, here is the important part: struct file *fp; /* ... */ fp = filp_open("some/file/on/my/pc", O_RDONLY, 0); if(fp == NULL) { ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: disaster
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file and returning passed variable if the value does not exist in file at all.

I have a list of fields that I want to check a file for, returning that field if it not found at all in the file. Is there a way to do a grep -lc and return the passed variable too rather then just the count? I am doing some crappy work-around now but I was not sure how to regrep this for :0 so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: personalt
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test variables exist using a for loop

I am setting a number of variables in my script and I would like to test they exist by using a for loop. e.g. VAR1=abc VAR2=xyz for i in VAR1 VAR2; do if ; then echo Alert fi done But of course the $i doesn't refer to the variable itself, rather to the strings VAR1 & VAR2. Does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File not exist in direct

friends can do this from unix AIX I need to ask for a file that does not exist then if file.txt * **** echo "execute procedure" else *** echo "File does not exist" if You can sucedere that the file does not exist (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to test if remote dir exist?

Hello, :) I'm trying to test if a remote directory exist per ssh, I have already made a ssh key and it works : #!/bin/bash HOST="10.10.1.22" FILE_PATH="/var/wwww/html" ssh -q $HOST ] && echo "Directory exists" || echo "Directory does not exist"; Output : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
4 Replies
MYSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)							 1						      MYSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)

mysql_free_result - Free result memory

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_free_result(3) oAssign the value of NULL to the PDO object, or PDOStatement::closeCursor bool mysql_free_result (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mysql_free_result(3) will free all memory associated with the result identifier $result. mysql_free_result(3) only needs to be called if you are concerned about how much memory is being used for queries that return large result sets. All associated result memory is automatically freed at the end of the script's execution. o $ result -The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mysql_query(3). Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. If a non-resource is used for the $result, an error of level E_WARNING will be emitted. It's worth noting that mysql_query(3) only returns a resource for SELECT, SHOW, EXPLAIN, and DESCRIBE queries. Example #1 A mysql_free_result(3) example <?php $result = mysql_query("SELECT id,email FROM people WHERE id = '42'"); if (!$result) { echo 'Could not run query: ' . mysql_error(); exit; } /* Use the result, assuming we're done with it afterwards */ $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result); /* Now we free up the result and continue on with our script */ mysql_free_result($result); echo $row['id']; echo $row['email']; ?> Note For backward compatibility, the following deprecated alias may be used: mysql_freeresult(3) mysql_query(3), is_resource(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_FREE_RESULT(3)