Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't figure out how to automount with subdirectories Post 302307288 by incredible on Wednesday 15th of April 2009 04:16:48 AM
Old 04-15-2009
Sun OS verison? kernel patch level?
uname -a
cat /etc/release
cat /etc/vfstab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automount question

Hello, I was reading about automounting on Solaris10 and faced with the following sentence: "When the automount daemon is initialized on the server, no exported directories are mounted by the clients." What does it mean? Could you please explain? What is "exported directories" ? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
8 Replies

5. AIX

Help on Unconfiguring Automount

Hi All, Please help. I need an advise on how to Unconfigure automount please. Many Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Automount through Autofs

I am trying to automount one of my NFS share to my client machine but it is not mounting here is the scenario : My server machine ip : 192.168.1.100 My client machine ip is : 192.168.1.102 on client machine i have configured the /etc/auto.master file : /share(My mount point) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

Automount in RHEL

Hello experts, On my RHEL box when i mount a nfs file system using autofs, the df -t shows the file system as nfs only. For which mounts does it report the filesystem as autofs. ?? I actually want to see the filesystem getting reported as autofs instead of nfs. Pls guide me I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need help with automount.. is not working!!

When i export the directory where the data really is, i can specify which hosts can mount it. On the remote server i create a mount point directory and then mount it to the source servers directory (that has the data). I need to run my script on Server X , i would login there and type in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkilaru
11 Replies

10. AIX

Automount issue

Hi there, I have a strange problem, I have a NFS server running AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3, let's call it server A. I have another AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3 server, let's call it server B, that's automounting a filesystem from server A. When server B is automounting the filesystem from server A, I can't see any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1) 						   User Commands						   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-cat. See gvfs-cat(1). gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-cat(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-cat(1)