Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with make command
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem with make command Post 302307100 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 14th of April 2009 02:45:03 PM
Old 04-14-2009
NO DUPLICATE POST ARE ALLOWED
read the forum rules
thread closed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 9 openssl make problem with ld

i've seen a few posts regarding this issue, and i've tried the resolutions, but i keep running into the same problem. i'm trying to compile OpenSSL with the use of rsaref-2.0 (i'm running through this tutorial... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. AIX

Problem MAKE cc: not found on AIX 5.3 please help me...

Hi guys, I am trying to install Big Brother monitoring on my box p570 AIX5.3ML2. But the after the installation you must run a make and it is failed see below the message: /home/bb/bb1.9h-btf/src/ # make Making aix makefile BBOS="aix" CC="cc" CFLAGS=" -Daix -DTIMEH -DREGEXEC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: touny
1 Replies

3. Solaris

problem to make a crontab -l

Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help , but now i have a problem There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javierg
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with make command

hi guys/gals would u help me out on using make command , how to write rules and execute of make command , am using mandriva linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinakampalli p
1 Replies

5. Linux

make command problem with MySql install

Hi, hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to set up LAMP on Fedora 11 starting with MySql. I downloaded the mysql-5.1.40.tar.gz tarball and unpacked it all. This created the mysql-5.1.40 directory. Next I ran the ./configure command. Following this I ran the make command to compile but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

6. Solaris

make command problem

hi, I'was trying to compile a simple game , just for testing the system, but the make command gave me problems, so I read that it was best to have a gnu make package installed so I made pkgrm SUNWgmake and installed the gnu make from sunfreesoftware, the problem is that now when I run make... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-unix make file Problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking regards, kkl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with make

I have the following makefile to create my programs, and getting the following error. Somehow it it trying to get to ./programs/rdt/raytrac.cc rather than ./programs/raytrac.cc It seems to be picking the last path to rdt g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in Make file

Dear all, we are facing a problem solarais 10.5 we are trying to install zip23 when i run this command make -f unix/Makefile system i got this error make: fatal error: Don't know how to make target 'system' please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emad Nabil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "make" command in Linux

Hi all, I downloaded an external program and extracted all the files to a folder. they have a make file which I have to run. But when I run make file I get an error g++ -O2 -c pgm.cpp make: g++: Command not found make: *** Error 127 When I checked the list of GCC I get this binf-01... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
14 Replies
SPLIT(1)							   User Commands							  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [OPTION]... [INPUT [PREFIX]] DESCRIPTION
Output fixed-size pieces of INPUT to PREFIXaa, PREFIXab, ...; default size is 1000 lines, and default PREFIX is `x'. With no INPUT, or when INPUT is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --suffix-length=N use suffixes of length N (default 2) -b, --bytes=SIZE put SIZE bytes per output file -C, --line-bytes=SIZE put at most SIZE bytes of lines per output file -d, --numeric-suffixes use numeric suffixes instead of alphabetic -l, --lines=NUMBER put NUMBER lines per output file --verbose print a diagnostic just before each output file is opened --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b 512, kB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, GB 1000*1000*1000, G 1024*1024*1024, and so on for T, P, E, Z, Y. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report split bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for split is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and split programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'split invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 SPLIT(1)