Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem Using Cut With A Space Delimiter Post 302306666 by cleanden on Monday 13th of April 2009 12:47:19 PM
Old 04-13-2009
Switching the cuts and removing the -d ' ' gives me:
PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster
It's supposed to just say postmaster

Doing the eval was my way of managing to get the result concatenated to the text 'Current Setting: '

Is there an easier way to do that instead of the 2 sets of evals I'm dong now?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

\r as delimiter in cut

I need to use \r as a delimiter in the -d option of the cut comand . Any help ? Thanks in advance . SD (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Number which appear before a delimiter

Hi All, How can i use the cut option to only output the number of rows, which is 2 is this case ? Pls note that the number of digit before the delimiter ":" is always varying. $ grep -n uuu xxx 2:** xxx yyy gg 44 tt uuu 2007 $ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extraction when space is a field delimiter

I have more than 1000 files to parse. Each file contains few lines (number of lines varies) followed by a header line having all column's name (SPOT, NAME etc) and then values for those columns. **Example File: sdgafh dfhaadfha sfgaf dhah jkthdj SPOT NAME GENE_NAME CH_MEAN CHDN_MED ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut -d with more than 1 delimiter?

I need to cut or otherwise get the 4th and 5th position output of for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done example output is: h;13;1310318701;443;93 I only need ";443;93" from any given run of "for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done" Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut columns with delimiter

HI, I have a file like below "103865","103835","Zming","","Zhu","103965","Sunnyvale","US", "116228","116227","Morlla","","Kowalski","113228","Paese "(Treviso)""IT" I want to validate the 7th column which is below. "Sunnyvale" "Paese In the above 7th column Paese is not ended with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut all string after the last delimiter?

hi all, suppose a string: abc/def/ghi/jkl/mn.txt and i want to get the file name without the path. however, different files have different paths, therefore the number of delimiter is uncertain. thanks so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut delimiter and save

i have list of names in a text file and I wanted to delete the commas en every line. for example: inside the text is a list of names in it with commas after each line. I wanted to delete these commas. which command must I execute for this? unix, dale, shawn, aaron, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut cmd with delimiter as |#|

Hi All- We have a file data as below with delimiter as |#| 10|#|20|#|ABC 13|#|23|#|PBC If I want to cut the 2nd field out of this, below command is not working as multiple pipe is causing an issue , it seems cut -f2 -d"|#|" <file_name> can you please help to provide the correct command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in using cut command with pipe as a delimiter while using in a script

There is a text file in my project named as "mom.txt" in which i want to have contents like.................. LSCRM(Application Name): 1: This is my first application. 2: Today we did shell scripting automation for this app. 3: It was really a good fun in doing so. 4: Really good.| (Here i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet Anand
7 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)