Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with MV command in Shell Script Post 302306602 by ranjith_taurean on Monday 13th of April 2009 09:32:20 AM
Old 04-13-2009
Problem with MV command in Shell Script

Hi Guru's,

I 'm trying to execute the below given script in Unix. I am having an issue with the script. The output of the script is given below:

#!/bin/bash

File_Home="/home/essftp/Risk"

cd /home/essftp/Risk
rm -f FileList
rm -f credit_risk*

file1=`ls -lt /export/archives/datman/prod/bloomberg/credit_risk.out.gz* |awk '{print $9 "\t" $10}'|cut -f5 -d"/"|head -1`
sftp nydbrsko@eqdmnypr1<<END_SCRIPT >&FileList
cd /export/archives/datman/prod/bloomberg
ls credit_risk.out.gz*
bye
END_SCRIPT

filename=`nawk '{if($NF ~ "credit_risk.out.gz") {print $NF}}' FileList | sort -r | sed -ne '1p'`

ftp nydbrsko@eqdmnypr1<<END_SCRIPT
cd /export/archives/datman/prod/bloomberg
get $filename
bye
END_SCRIPT

echo "/home/essftp/Risk/$filename"

mv $file_name /home/essftp/Risk/credit_risk.out.gz
gunzip -f credit_risk.out.gz
chmod 777 credit_risk.out
echo "DONE"

Script Output:

/export/archives/datman/prod/bloomberg/credit_risk.out.gz*: No such file or directory
nydbrsko's Password:
nydbrsko@eqdmnypr1: unknown host or invalid literal address
Not connected.
Not connected.
/home/essftp/Risk/credit_risk.out.gz.20090412
mv: Insufficient arguments (1)
Usage: mv [-f] [-i] f1 f2
mv [-f] [-i] f1 ... fn d1
mv [-f] [-i] d1 d2
gunzip: credit_risk.out.gz: No such file or directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access credit_risk.out
DONE

The script is logging into sftp site and getting the file name. But in the end it is failing to move the file.

Can someone please look into this and explain me whats wrong am i doing here.

Thanks and Best Regards
Ranjith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem executed shell command from PL/SQL

i wrote plsql procedure that executed shell command using java class my problem is that in some reason the shell command ( liks Is -l , mv ... ) are not recordnize can someone help me with that 10x Alodvg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alodvg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sed command in shell script.

Guys, I've a problem in the "sed" command used in my shellscripts This is the problamatic line in my shell script: sed -e 's/${line1}/${line1_m}/g' prod_hier_1234.txt > test.txt It doesn't do the job of replacing the string stored in variable 'line1' to 'line1_m'. However If I replace the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with find command in C-shell

when i use the following command find / -name '*.*' -exec grep -il 'text' {} \; I can redirect the errors to /dev/null. This happens only in ksh but not in csh. the 2>/dev/null is not working in csh. Can you some one suggest an alternative for this in csh ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Executing Firmware Command using Shell Script

Guys, I have a script that should change one of the configuration Parameter in a http accelerator, this config change which will halt http traffic into device. So I have designed a script which should do these changes. But after executing this script, found that one of the input variable is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using cut command in shell script

I'm new to shell programming, and am having a problem in a (Korn) shell program, which boils down to this: The program reads a record from an input file and then uses a series of "cut" commands to break the record into parts and assign the parts to variables. There are no delimiters in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joroca
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with expr command in shell script

Hi, I have used expr command to increment the date. for e.g., case 1 : echo $(date -d $(echo `expr 20010101 + 1`)) it returns Tue Jan 2 00:00:00 IST 2001 case 2: echo $(date -d $(echo `expr 20010101 - 1`)) it returns date: invalid date `20010100' please suggest me, how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
compares three versions of a file, and prints disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: all three files differ file1 is different file2 is different file3 is different The type of change required to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = or Text is to be changed in the range line n1 through line n2. If n1 = n2, the range can be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Produces a script for the editor that can be used to incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3 (see ed(1)); i.e., the changes that normally would be flagged and Produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged Produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged Produces a script that will incorporate all changes between file2 and file3, but treat overlapping changes (that is, changes that would be flagged with in normal listing) differently. The overlapping lines in both files will be inserted by the edit script bracketed by and lines. Produces a script that will incorporate only changes flagged , but treat these changes in the manner of option. The following command applies the resulting script to file1. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. WARNINGS
Text lines that consist of a single period defeat Files longer than 64K bytes do not work. FILES
SEE ALSO
diff(1). diff3(1)