Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting issue while configuring a script in the cronjob Post 302306082 by ldapswandog on Friday 10th of April 2009 10:02:13 PM
Old 04-10-2009
I would suggest a small change that should remove the issue with the exit command.
Code:
#v=`ping $k|grep alive`
#b=$?
#echo $b >>dhadha
#if [ $b -gt 0 ]
# # the '-c' option will return the number of times "alive" was found.
v=`ping $k|grep -c alive`
if [ $v -gt 0 ]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Facing an issue related to cronjob

Dear All, I am facing an issue related to cronjob and explained below is the case study: 1. I have a java class named "DmCheckRenditionQueue.java" and placed under "/cpc/documentum/product/5.2.5/tomcat/webapps/rendition" 2. When I am using the command "/usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parindam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob inside the script

Hiii, can nayone provide me the sample script which can do the following tasks--- I will apperciate if anyone give me their valuable inputs.I guess this is not at all a big task for the experts in the forum so kindly help me out in this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating a CronJob Script

Hi All, Good Day. Anyone can guide me on how to create a cronjob script that run prstat -a and vmstat 10 10 on the certain time of the day and produce a log which will be kept in a specific directory? I am running on Solaris 10. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

4. SuSE

SLES10 - cronjob issue?

I installed some software (zenworks linux management) and it apparently set up a cronjob for a postgresql database command. The job runs every 4 hours and fails everytime sending root mail... the problem I have is I cant find this job anywhere. ive looked in all the usual cronjob places but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob issue

Hi, I am able to run a.sh script manually but they are not getting invoked from the crontab here is cronjob entry 15 03 * * * /Feed/bin/a.sh >/Feed/logs/log.txt logs.txt is empty Please Advice (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Heartbeat configuring issue

hi i'm configuring linux heartbeat in my two redhat boxes i have below few things to clarify can i set up heartbeat between two different notworks? (e.g primary server IP is 192.168.x.x and secondary server IP is 10.48.X.X) i got below error in my secondary server once primary is down ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asela115
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing Issue after configuring logrotate

Hi, I have a logrotate configuration which rotates a log every night 1 min before midnight, but somehow its not working and unfortunately not showing any error message as well. Sharing the code for the cron job as well as the conf file, I am using, if some one coule help me..whats wrong with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob issue

Dear expert, I have script named as test.sh in HP-UX i am using like 00 00 */15 * * : but its cronjob giving error i want to schedule my script for each 15 days interval exactly. for example:15 jan,30 jan,15 feb, 2 march, 17 april...etc. quick response must be highly appreciated. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
8 Replies

10. SuSE

Facing issue configuring network

Please let me know how to configure network in suse Linux, I have configured the network using ifup and network manager, it is not giving any error but not working, using suse Linux 11.0 sp3 I have checked network connectivity is working. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)