Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting issue while configuring a script in the cronjob Post 302305846 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 9th of April 2009 11:55:37 PM
Old 04-10-2009
ya ofcourse $? won't work in your case since $? will return the exit status of privious command and your previous command is assing something to a variable which will always return 0
so write only
Code:
ping $k |grep alive >/dev/null
b=$?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Facing an issue related to cronjob

Dear All, I am facing an issue related to cronjob and explained below is the case study: 1. I have a java class named "DmCheckRenditionQueue.java" and placed under "/cpc/documentum/product/5.2.5/tomcat/webapps/rendition" 2. When I am using the command "/usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parindam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob inside the script

Hiii, can nayone provide me the sample script which can do the following tasks--- I will apperciate if anyone give me their valuable inputs.I guess this is not at all a big task for the experts in the forum so kindly help me out in this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating a CronJob Script

Hi All, Good Day. Anyone can guide me on how to create a cronjob script that run prstat -a and vmstat 10 10 on the certain time of the day and produce a log which will be kept in a specific directory? I am running on Solaris 10. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

4. SuSE

SLES10 - cronjob issue?

I installed some software (zenworks linux management) and it apparently set up a cronjob for a postgresql database command. The job runs every 4 hours and fails everytime sending root mail... the problem I have is I cant find this job anywhere. ive looked in all the usual cronjob places but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob issue

Hi, I am able to run a.sh script manually but they are not getting invoked from the crontab here is cronjob entry 15 03 * * * /Feed/bin/a.sh >/Feed/logs/log.txt logs.txt is empty Please Advice (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Heartbeat configuring issue

hi i'm configuring linux heartbeat in my two redhat boxes i have below few things to clarify can i set up heartbeat between two different notworks? (e.g primary server IP is 192.168.x.x and secondary server IP is 10.48.X.X) i got below error in my secondary server once primary is down ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asela115
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing Issue after configuring logrotate

Hi, I have a logrotate configuration which rotates a log every night 1 min before midnight, but somehow its not working and unfortunately not showing any error message as well. Sharing the code for the cron job as well as the conf file, I am using, if some one coule help me..whats wrong with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob issue

Dear expert, I have script named as test.sh in HP-UX i am using like 00 00 */15 * * : but its cronjob giving error i want to schedule my script for each 15 days interval exactly. for example:15 jan,30 jan,15 feb, 2 march, 17 april...etc. quick response must be highly appreciated. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
8 Replies

10. SuSE

Facing issue configuring network

Please let me know how to configure network in suse Linux, I have configured the network using ifup and network manager, it is not giving any error but not working, using suse Linux 11.0 sp3 I have checked network connectivity is working. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
cmrunnode(1m)															     cmrunnode(1m)

NAME
cmrunnode - run a node in a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmrunnode [-v] [node_name...] [-t | -w none] DESCRIPTION
cmrunnode causes a node to start its cluster daemon to join the existing cluster. This command verifies the network configuration before causing the node to start its cluster daemon. To start a cluster on one of its nodes, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the clus- ter configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m). Starting a node will not cause any active packages to be moved to the new node. However, if a package is DOWN, has its switching enabled, and is able to run on the new node, that package will automatically run there. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemon will be started on the local node and will join the existing cluster. Options cmrunnode supports the following options: -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. The -w option is not required with the -t option as -t does not validate network connectivity, but assumes that all the nodes can meet any external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage. node_name... Start the cluster daemon on the specified node(s). -w none By default network probing is performed to check that the network connectivity is the same as when the cluster was configured. Any anomalies are reported before the cluster daemons are started. The -w none option disables this probing. The option should only be used if this network configuration is known to be correct from a recent check. RETURN VALUE
cmrunnode returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Run the cluster daemon on the current node: cmrunnode Run the cluster daemons on node1 and node2: cmrunnode node1 node2 AUTHOR
cmrunnode was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunnode(1m)