Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security Post 302305403 by pinnacle on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 08:19:09 PM
Old 04-08-2009
Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security.
I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task:

Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access.

I need to implement this automation using Blade Logic tool as well
I would appreciate if any one can provide some documentation and ideas how to achieve the above.

Your response is highly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to Network a PowerMac & a PC

Ok, so I'm new to the Unix thing, but I've got 2 old computers that are useless for much now & I want to install some flavor of Unix on both. One is a PowerMac & one is a NEC PC (200 MHz). Is there a certain flavor of Unix (or Linux) that I can install on both so they will communicate? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Galaxy_Girl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX system & Network Administration II.PDF

Dear all, I plan to take HP-UX cert. EXAM. But, I cannot find hp-ux system & network administration II.pdf file Do you know where can I download?? Do you have? can you send to me? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkpcman
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to find out why the network was down?, now the server is up & running

Hi there, solaris server was not reachable. Now the server is up & running I have to investigate the network logs (where i can get these logs)as such network issues are happening frequently. How to find why the netwrok has gone down ?? Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iqan Zahera
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Networking & Network Security

Hii i want to make career in networking and i m new in this field could u plz help me what should i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawan_kumar
2 Replies

5. Solaris

problem network with solaris 10 & vmware

Hello The first sorry for mi bad english I install a solaris 10 on vmware. I follow the steps to configure the network, but i can't do work :( I follow the next steps: # vi hosts "hosts" 6 líneas, 82 caracteres # # Internet host table # ::1 localhost loghost workshop ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
10 Replies

6. Hardware

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

hostapd & wired network ?

hi im using the following network with hostapd on the authenticator : Authentication server <---wired---> Authenticator(hostapd<----wired---> User (win XP with WinRadius) 1.100 -------- 1.200 , 0.13 ----- 0.12 and this is my configurations for hostapd : interface=eth1 driver=wired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turner
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)