Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security Post 302305403 by pinnacle on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 08:19:09 PM
Old 04-08-2009
Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security.
I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task:

Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access.

I need to implement this automation using Blade Logic tool as well
I would appreciate if any one can provide some documentation and ideas how to achieve the above.

Your response is highly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to Network a PowerMac & a PC

Ok, so I'm new to the Unix thing, but I've got 2 old computers that are useless for much now & I want to install some flavor of Unix on both. One is a PowerMac & one is a NEC PC (200 MHz). Is there a certain flavor of Unix (or Linux) that I can install on both so they will communicate? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Galaxy_Girl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX system & Network Administration II.PDF

Dear all, I plan to take HP-UX cert. EXAM. But, I cannot find hp-ux system & network administration II.pdf file Do you know where can I download?? Do you have? can you send to me? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkpcman
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to find out why the network was down?, now the server is up & running

Hi there, solaris server was not reachable. Now the server is up & running I have to investigate the network logs (where i can get these logs)as such network issues are happening frequently. How to find why the netwrok has gone down ?? Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iqan Zahera
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Networking & Network Security

Hii i want to make career in networking and i m new in this field could u plz help me what should i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawan_kumar
2 Replies

5. Solaris

problem network with solaris 10 & vmware

Hello The first sorry for mi bad english I install a solaris 10 on vmware. I follow the steps to configure the network, but i can't do work :( I follow the next steps: # vi hosts "hosts" 6 líneas, 82 caracteres # # Internet host table # ::1 localhost loghost workshop ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
10 Replies

6. Hardware

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

hostapd & wired network ?

hi im using the following network with hostapd on the authenticator : Authentication server <---wired---> Authenticator(hostapd<----wired---> User (win XP with WinRadius) 1.100 -------- 1.200 , 0.13 ----- 0.12 and this is my configurations for hostapd : interface=eth1 driver=wired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turner
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
group(5)							File Formats Manual							  group(5)

Name
       group - group file

Description
       The file is an ASCII file that contains the following information for each group:

Group name
       Encrypted password
       Numerical group ID
       Comma-separated list of all users allowed in the group

Each  group name is separated from the next by a new line.  The fields are separated by colons.	If the password field is null, no password
       is demanded.

Because of the encrypted passwords, it can and does have general read permission and can be used, for example, to map numerical	group  IDs
       to names.

The  database  can be distributed in a network by a naming service, such as Yellow Pages or BIND/Hesiod.  See the Guide to the Yellow Pages
       Service or the Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service for setup information.

Restrictions
       The command will not change the passwords.

Increasing the number of groups that a user is in beyond 8 can affect services that use SUN RPC.  The version of SUN RPC shipped with ULTRX
       V4.2  supports up to 32 groups.	Prior versions supported users being in up to 8 groups.  Users who increase the number of groups that they
       are a member of to more than 8 will not be able to NFS mount file systems from ULTRIX servers older than V4.2.  If root group membership is
       increased to more than 8 groups on a V4.2 system, the YP service may not work if that V4.2 system is in a mixed YP server environment where
       there are both V4.2 and previous releases of YP servers.  Again, this incompatibility can only occur if a user's or root's group membership
       is increased to more than 8 groups.

Files
See Also
       passwd(1), setgroups(2), crypt(3), getgrent(3), initgroups(3x), passwd(5)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service
       Guide to the Yellow Pages Service

group(5)