Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disabling RPC nlockmgr
Operating Systems Solaris Disabling RPC nlockmgr Post 302305025 by TonyFullerMalv on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 07:34:55 PM
Old 04-07-2009
I don't have a Solaris 9 (or 8) system to hand so I would find which rc script in /etc/init.d starts nlockmgr:
Code:
# cd /etc/init.d
# grep nlockmgr *

and then find the /etc/rc?.d/* files that link to it (assume the script is called nlockmgr for this example):
Code:
# ls -l /etc/rc?.d/* | grep nlockmgr

Rename all those links that start with a capital "S" so that they do not start with a capital "S".

If nlockmgr is not started by an RC script then it is likely to be started by inetd in which case comment out the nlockmgr line in /etc/inet/inetd.conf and run "inetd -s" to get inetd to see the change.
Done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disabling telnet

how do i disable the telnet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Disabling telnet

I am running solaris 9.. currently has telnet / ssh access.. Initially I just want to stop telnet access (but leave ftp open as some scripts etc still using this and need modification) As far as I know I just need to do the following: edit the /etc/inetd.conf file and comment out: telnet ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabling logrotate

Is there a way to disable log rotation? (just for wtmp) I'm looking in /etc/logrotate.conf and I checked the man page but didn't see any option to disable. Is it as simple as commenting out monthly and rotate lines? /var/log/wtmp { missingok # monthly create 0664 root utmp # ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disabling NIS

How do you disable a server, #1, from trying to use the NIS that is running on another server, #2? I would like the #1 server to just use the local etc/shadow file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
3 Replies

5. Solaris

disabling watchdog

hi, is it possible to disable the "hardware watchdog" on a V240 sol 10 server? and how to? this server freeze 9/10 during boot on this command...:mad: thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilik
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

9. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

10. Hardware

How disabling GPU?

Hi All I'm find out a way to disable the DGD: AMD Radeon HD 7470M on my Ubutu 16.04.2 LTS because radeon open source module is not capable to support this GPU and consequence the boot is very slow. I have tried serveral way with pci-stub.ids in the grub menu but not work. In general how... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Fabio_79
11 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)