Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe Post 302304574 by tristan12 on Monday 6th of April 2009 08:16:05 PM
Old 04-06-2009
Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe

Hi,

I am Solaris 9 developer and notice that the documentation does not provide a clear notion of the inherent concurrency in routines defined as "Async-Signal-Safe".

Routines defined as "MT-Safe" obviously have the best level of concurrency, compared to normal "Safe" interfaces.

I have noticed that the Solaris 10 documentation made an addition to attributes(5) that "Async-Signal-Safe" routines can also be assumed to be "MT-Safe".

My question is, can I make an assumption that Solaris 9 "Async-Signal-Safe" routines are also "MT-Safe"?

Thanks

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

safe mode

Hello I'm working on a PHP project right now and when I try to run 'mkdir' I've been getting an error: code: mkdir("<full path>/test", 0700); error: PHP Warning: mkdir() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10002 is not allowed to access <full path> owned by uid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: recluse8912
2 Replies
rpc_gss_get_error(3N)													     rpc_gss_get_error(3N)

NAME
rpc_gss_get_error() - get error codes on failure SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
fetches an error code when an routine fails. uses a structure of the following form: typedef struct { int rpc_gss_error; /* RPCSEC_GSS error */ int system_error; /* system error */ } rpc_gss_error_t; Currently the only error codes defined for this function are: #define RPC_GSS_ER_SUCCESS 0 /* no error */ #define RPC_GSS_ER_SYSTEMERROR 1 /* system error */ PARAMETERS
For additional information on data types for parameters, see the rpcsec_gss(3N) manpage. error A structure. If the field is equal to the field will be set to the value of MULTITHREAD USAGE
Thread Safe: Yes Cancel Safe: Yes Fork Safe: No Async-cancel Safe: No Async-signal Safe: No These functions can be called safely in a multithreaded environment. They may be cancellation points in that they call functions that are cancel points. In a multithreaded environment, these functions are not safe to be called by a child process after and before These functions should not be called by a multithreaded application that supports asynchronous cancellation or asynchronous signals. RETURN VALUE
Unless there is a failure indication from an invoked function, does not set to a meaningful value. Notes Only system errors are currently returned. SEE ALSO
perror(3C), rpc(3N). rpc_gss_get_error(3N)