Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe Post 302304574 by tristan12 on Monday 6th of April 2009 08:16:05 PM
Old 04-06-2009
Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe

Hi,

I am Solaris 9 developer and notice that the documentation does not provide a clear notion of the inherent concurrency in routines defined as "Async-Signal-Safe".

Routines defined as "MT-Safe" obviously have the best level of concurrency, compared to normal "Safe" interfaces.

I have noticed that the Solaris 10 documentation made an addition to attributes(5) that "Async-Signal-Safe" routines can also be assumed to be "MT-Safe".

My question is, can I make an assumption that Solaris 9 "Async-Signal-Safe" routines are also "MT-Safe"?

Thanks

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

safe mode

Hello I'm working on a PHP project right now and when I try to run 'mkdir' I've been getting an error: code: mkdir("<full path>/test", 0700); error: PHP Warning: mkdir() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10002 is not allowed to access <full path> owned by uid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: recluse8912
2 Replies
getpublickey(3N)														  getpublickey(3N)

NAME
getpublickey(), getsecretkey(), publickey - retrieve public or secret key SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and get public and secret keys for netname. The key may come from one of the following sources: the file (see publickey(4)), the NIS map or entries in the LDAP directory. The sources and their lookup order are specified in the file (see nsswitch.conf(4)). has an extra argument, passwd, which is used to decrypt the encrypted secret key stored in the database. MULTITHREAD USAGE
Thread Safe: Yes Cancel Safe: Yes Fork Safe: No Async-cancel Safe: No Async-signal Safe: No These functions can be called safely in a multithreaded environment. They may be cancellation points in that they call functions that are cancel points. In a multithreaded environment, these functions are not safe to be called by a child process after and before These functions should not be called by a multithreaded application that supports asynchronous cancellation or asynchronous signals. RETURN VALUE
Both routines return if they are successful in finding the key, (zero) otherwise. The keys are returned as NULL-terminated, hexadecimal strings. If the password supplied to fails to decrypt the secret key, the routine will return but the secretkey[0] will be set to NULL. WARNINGS
HP-UX 11i Version 2 is the last HP-UX release on which NIS+ is supported. LDAP is the recommended replacement for NIS+. HP fully supports the industry standard naming services based on LDAP. SEE ALSO
secure_rpc(3N), nsswitch.conf(4), publickey(4). getpublickey(3N)