Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris A query regarding /export/home in Solaris Post 302304493 by saagar on Monday 6th of April 2009 03:23:16 PM
Old 04-06-2009
thank u.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with /export/home

I'm having a problem with my /export/home directory. A few of my users are getting superblock problems when they try to save files. what's something I can do to fix the problem? I'm running Solaris 7 on an Intel so no Open Boot Prom... any help would be great. thanks.. ,AP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Query not Working in Shell

I am exporting data using a shell program. I am getting all of the records instead of getting a subset based on my query. The export_problem.par lists all of my tables. I tried the query with the ' and without it. How do I get the export to use the query? Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Relocating directory /export/home to a bigger filesystem

My 2GB /export/home/ directory is almost 100% full df -k | grep /export/home /dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/vl73 2031711 1951009 19751 99% /export/home I intend to relocate it to a different 4GB filesystem late at night when there is no user on the system. How do I go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Msororaji
3 Replies

4. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

5. Solaris

automountd [24] : Mount of /export/home problem

Hi Guys, Thanks for taking the time to read the problem i having outlined below: Before i go into the problem can you please tell me what the following means? a. "dt" stands for and what does it means? Configuration Below: 1x Unix Server 2x Unix Terminals (both systems are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/export/home question

please could someone explain what is /export/home used for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venhart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to create a export query from a file

Hi Guys,,, I have a file which is of this type. abdc defd afds adfse I want to create a export statement like this. Db2 "export to /clocal/rem/user/rem/used.txt of del select * from t.tel where name in ('abdc','defd','afds','adfse') with ur" Please help me.. Thanks for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Quotas on /export/home

Hello all, I am trying to set quotas on /export/home filesystem for some of our users on a Solaris Zone I know that you would be redirecting me to some of the documentation pages, but I have already done that. The /export/home on the Zone is a Veritas FS and I cannot see an entry for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
4 Replies

9. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Migrate /export/home from storage path to local

I am newbies in solaris, hope u guys can help me, I need to transfer /export/home directory that currently mount at storage and migrate into local disk. may i know the best way to do it? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deeo
6 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)