Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get the correct alignment in a textfile to a mail using shell script? Post 302304286 by zaxxon on Monday 6th of April 2009 04:11:08 AM
Old 04-06-2009
Could be that the email client is using another font so not everything is looking as nice as on that flat textfile.
Maybe uuencode the textfile and attach it to the mail. There are various threads here for "mail attachment uuencode" in this forum. If you got "nail" you can also use nail -a to send an attachment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alignment in shell script

grep 'Dept' x.lst |awk -F"Name=" `{print $1" "$2" "$3}` the output is coming like this Krishna 1 2340 8383 Rohan 10 982 234 how can I align these numbers using shell script. even i used typeset but it is useful for only zero-when-blank.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module

Problem: I have a shell script that will be called by a Perl module that will connect to a db and delete rows. The Perl module will be called by CRON. I am using a Perl module to call a shell script because I need to get the db connection from Perl. Here is the Perl pseudocode: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz correct my syntax of shell script

Dear all I am still bit new in shell script area.I am writing down a shell script which I guess somewhere wrong so please kindly correct it. I would be greatful for that. What I actually want from this shell script is that it will move all the files one by one to another server which can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script output alignment

Hi How can I alaign the output of a script. Exaplme my script has assigned values to two variables, VAR1 and VAR2 VAR1=This is RAJ working as a DB2 UDB DBA for VISA Corporation, Need your help in Shell scripting VAR2= This is RAM working as a ORACLE DEVELOPER for TARGET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thriloka
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check the mail ids in the correct format or not

Hi Folks, I have few mailids in a text file and need to check whether the mailid is in correct format or not. If just to check whether the string is a mailid or not there is a perl module Email::Valid to do the business or we can implement our own logic. But the mail_ids I am having is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct shell script to Call One shell script from another shell script

Hi All, I have new for shell scripting. Problem : I have one scrip at serv1 and path of server is /apps/dev/provimage/scripts and script name:extract_ancillary.bat. I need to call this script at server2(my working server) and execute at server2 . Please let me know how to build the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vineeta Nigam
5 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Auto correct a csv file using UNIX shell script.

Hi All, There are list of 4-5 .csv files which has 12 columns.In some cases one of the record is split into 2 records. What needs to be done is this split record has to be auto corrected and placed in the csv file. Eg: Let us consider sample.csv file and in normal conditions the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik_ak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto correct a csv file using UNIX shell script.

Hi All, There are list of 4-5 .csv files which has 12 columns.In some cases one of the record is split into 2 records. What needs to be done is this split record has to be auto corrected and placed in the csv file. Eg: Let us consider sample.csv file and in normal conditions the file would... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik_ak
40 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to correct the data

Hi, I have below data in my flat file.I would like to remove the quotes and comma necessary from the data.Below is the details I would like to have in my output. Could anybody help me providing the Unix shell script for this. Input : ABC,ABC,10/15/2012,"47,936,164.567 ","1,036,997.453... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display calendar in correct format using shell script

Hi All, I'm trying to print calendar using shell script and i'm able to print it. But the format is not good. Here is the script. #!/bin/bash echo $(date) echo "Hello $USER" echo Hostname $(hostname) echo Working in $(pwd) echo Here is this month calender echo $(cal) $ sh first.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrakanth
7 Replies
trbsd(1)						      General Commands Manual							  trbsd(1)

NAME
trbsd - Translates characters SYNOPSIS
trbsd [-Acs] string1 string2 trbsd -d [-Ac] string1 The trbsd command copies characters from the standard input to the standard output with substitution or deletion of selected characters. OPTIONS
Translates on a byte-by-byte basis. When you specify this option, trbsd does not support extended characters. Complements (inverts) the set of characters in string1 with respect to the universe of characters whose codes are 001 through 377 octal if you specify -A, and all characters if you do not specify -A. Deletes all characters in string1 from output. Changes characters that are repeated output charac- ters in string2 into single characters. DESCRIPTION
Input characters from string1 are replaced with the corresponding characters in string2. The trbsd command cannot handle an ASCII NUL (00) in string1 or string2; it always deletes NUL from the input. The tr command is a System V compatible version of trbsd. Abbreviations such as a-z, standing for a string of characters whose ASCII codes run from character a to character z, inclusive, can be used to introduce ranges of characters. Note that brackets are not special characters. Use the escape character (backslash) to remove the special meaning from any character in a string. Use the followed by 1, 2, or 3 octal digits for the code of a character. If a given character appears more than once in string1, the character in string2 corresponding to its last appearance in string1 will be used in the translation. EXAMPLES
To translate braces into parentheses, enter: trbsd '{}' '()' <textfile >newfile This translates each { (left brace) to a ( (left parenthesis) and each } (right brace) to a ) (right parenthesis). All other char- acters remain unchanged. To translate lowercase ASCII characters to uppercase, enter: trbsd a-z A-Z <textfile >newfile The two strings can be of different lengths: trbsd 0-9 # <textfile >newfile This translates each digit to a # (number sign); if string2 is too short, it is padded to the length of string1 by duplicating its last character. To translate each string of digits to a single # (number sign), enter: trbsd -s 0-9 # <textfile >newfile To trans- late all ASCII characters that are not specified, enter: trbsd -c ' -~' 'A-_' <textfile >newfile This translates each nonprinting ASCII character to the corresponding control key letter (01 translates to A, 02 to B, and so on). ASCII DEL (177), the character that follows ~ (tilde), translates to a ? (question mark). SEE ALSO
Commands: ed(1), sh(1), tr(1) Files: ascii(5) trbsd(1)