Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a batch file..
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Creating a batch file.. Post 302303870 by eskiphill4 on Friday 3rd of April 2009 05:19:16 PM
Old 04-03-2009
The USB stick will usually appear as a set drive, say E:

A simple copy statement may do the trick

copy c:\windows\desktop\2009\*.* E:

This will cause all the files (*.*) to be copied to the root of E:. This may not be what is desired as it will prompt for overwrites. You may want these files in a specific directory on the USB stick and other possible variations.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a batch file.

I'm very new to unix and for the most part make my way around but I need to know how to create a batch file that can be ran at scheduled time. The main function of the file will be to copy files to different locations then FTP to a different server. Please help. I you have an example that would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotanddot
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

3. Programming

batch file

what is a command to call a batch file from a c++ program when called with the argument which is a text file, then how to print that text file on a printer. please help me with code if possible (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rename the file in batch

In my dir there are files like a.xml b.xml abnc.xml 12.abc.xml 12.anc.sfoioi.xml I need to remove .xml from all the files Is there any direct way without using any for/do loop Right now i am using for file in * do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh for creating batch file....?

hi to aLL... I'm just new here in the forum...anyway, im currently using /bin/sh for creating some batch file or scripts...it's just the same...anyway, is it advisable to use it in creating batch file....? thanks... :p (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: m0njasper
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch file to remove double quotes from a file

Hi I have to create a windows batch file which will read an input file and remove "double quotes" from each line of the file. For eg.If input file name is abcd.csv and contents is : "asasd,123123,213213,asd" "esfrf,dsfsdf,234324,sdfsdf" Then the batch file should remove "" from the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file

Hi all I am using tru64 Unix and I want a ready batch file which makes me to change all user passwords at the same time ,instead of changing everyone separately. Please could anyone help me to do that. bye. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file in batch

Hi guys, I need a script to change the file names e.g.:- below are the mentioned files, i want t0 change the last character of the name 00000.cdr with e.g bep01.smsc.191214210500-00000.cdr to bep01.smsc.191214210500-92311.cdr next file be like bep01.smsc.191214210500-92312.cdr # ls -ltr... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
9 Replies
EHCI(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4), xhci(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. LOADER TUNABLES
When the kernel has been compiled with options USB_DEBUG, some tunables become available that affect the behavior of ehci. These tunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf(5). hw.usb.ehci.lostintrbug This tunable enables the lost interrupt quirk. The default value is 0 (off). hw.usb.ehci.iaadbug This tunable enables the EHCI doorbell quirk. The default value is 0 (off). hw.usb.ehci.no_hs This tunable disables USB devices to attach like HIGH-speed ones and will force all attached devices to attach to the FULL- or LOW- speed companion controller. The default value is 0 (off). BSD
March 4, 2012 BSD