Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing occurances starting with [ Post 302303845 by pitagi on Friday 3rd of April 2009 03:53:58 PM
Old 04-03-2009
Thanks a lot for your help and I used the cut command and it works

Now I need to get the buses expanded.

What I have:

gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[4:0] = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[4:0];

What I need :

gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_0 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[0];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_1 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[1];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_2 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[2];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_3 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[3];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_4 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[4];

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting Occurances in Two Files

I have two files I want to compare, one is a list of variables and the other is a text file COBOL program. Basically what I want to do is display only those variables that appear in the COBOL program only once. However I would also accept a count of each variable as it appears in the COBOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Gergel
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count occurances in a file

Hi, I have a fixed width file in the following format Sr.No A.No Name 1 2 PPP 3 4 PPP 5 6 TTT 7 8 OOO 9 10 OOO 11 12 OOO The 3rd column starts at position 10 and ends at 15. I want to count the number of occurances of each Name and output to a file Example in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

occurances

Hi, Anyone know how to do the following? :eek: I Have a file as follows: happygoluckypeoplearenotalwayshappy happyisawordthatisnotusedalot If the word "happy" is present MORE than once in EACH line, I want to delete the line, hence in the above case, the first line will be deleted. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurances of X Y Z in a file in 1 go.

Hi. I need to count multiple occurrences of X Y Z in a file in 1 go. At the moment I have the following scripts: ssh readonly@$ServerIP 'YEAR=xx;DAY=xx;MONTH=xx;LMONTH=xx;for i in 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 \ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23; do cat... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: msullivan
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing all occurances

How would i replace all occurreneces of Tim(ignoring the case) with Timithoy in the file "file1" and then save it to "newfile" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing all occurances

how wouldi change all occurances of that to they regardless of the number of times it appears on a line? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing a word in a multiple file starting at the dot extension

hi I would like to ask if someone knows a command or a script on how to rename a multiple file in the directory starting at the end of the filename or at the .extension( i would like to remove the last 11 character before the extension) for example Below is the result of my command ls inside... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

occurances

Hi, I have 2 files File 1 ABC XYZ MNO WER FDS CFG File 2 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the occurances of numbers

I have a file as shown below. I need to count the unique occurrences of numbers in the first and second column only if the third column is <= 10. Otherwise print the corresponding numbers as zero. Thanks in advance!:) 58 80 40.74 76 80 9.78 76 80 8 12 6 9 30 28 8.23 45 12 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreaalex
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
scsimgr(8)						      System Manager's Manual							scsimgr(8)

NAME
scsimgr - manage SCSI devices and device databases SYNOPSIS
/sbin/scsimgr -option [operands...] OPTIONS
The Update Options Use the following options to update device special files and the databases: Request that the kernel scan all SCSI buses for devices. If there have been device changes on any of the buses, the on-disk database and device special files are updated to reflect the changes. Note The scan_all command should be used with caution. On systems with a large number of SCSI buses, the -scan_all option can take a long time to run and can affect the performance of other processes accessing SCSI devices. Request that the kernel scan the speci- fied bus for devices. If there have been device changes on the bus, the device special files are updated to reflect the changes. Request that the kernel scan the specified bus for a specific device. If there has been a change to the attributes of that device, the device special file for the device is updated to reflect the changes. Synchronizes the information in the device special files and the kernel in-memory database. OPERANDS
The following operands are used in many of the command options. Other operands are unique to individual options and are defined with them. The number of a bus. The number must be 0 or larger. The number of a target device. The range of the number is 0 to 15. DESCRIPTION
Note See the hwmgr(8) and dsfmgr(8) reference pages for information on utilities that supersede the scsimgr utility. The scsimgr utility automatically makes device special files for new devices. The scan options stop updating the device special files for a device when they encounter an error. EXIT STATUS
The following is the exit status when the command runs from a program: Success. Failure. FILES
Executable image. System configuration options. Contains an entry to define /scsimgr utility to boot process. SEE ALSO
Commands: hwmgr(8), init(8), MAKEDEV(8) Files: sysconfigtab(4) SCSI-2, SMALL COMPUTER SYSTEM INTERFACE - 2 (X3.131-1994) scsimgr(8)