Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to get rid of ok prompt
Operating Systems Solaris how to get rid of ok prompt Post 302303199 by Sapfeer on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 05:40:52 AM
Old 04-02-2009
Have you tried the boot command?..

Next time use documentation Smilie

Sun Ultra 10 Workstation Documentation

Solaris 10 Operating System

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

getting rid of ^H

Hello everybody I have a very annoying problem on my Solaris (Unix in general) servers. When I open a shell and press the backspace button, it results in a ^H character being printed on screen. I can resolve it by typing stty erase <backspace>, but does anyone know how I can prevent the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get rid of last line

I have to process a data file in Ab Initio. This data file is pipe delimited. BUt the file may have a Disclaimer line at the end. So before picking it for processing, I need to check if this line is there I need to remove it. ANy suggestions. Thanks Shalu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shalua
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get rid of ==>

ok the assignment question: That English paper you were writing on the works of Lewis Carroll is due in a few hours and you have forgeotten the name of the text file in which you has written a number of quotations to use in your paper. Luckily, you know that the file is somewhere in your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mek86
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get rid of ^[[D

Hi All, Im selecting a large record from a table and putting it in a file in the unix box. The file has a hidden character "^[[D " present in it. Can any one help me in getting rid of the character Thanks in advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhan@29
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get rid of last _ in the files name?

ex: I have list of files in a folder. abc_def_geh_.txt abc_.txt abc_def_geh_12345_.txt ab134c_d345345ef_444geh_12345_.txt i need to rename all files to get rid of the _ before .txt result should look like this: abc_def_geh.txt abc.txt abc_def_geh_12345.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to get rid of ^m

Hi all, I am new to unix....pls help me with this. I have a binary file generating output by passing arguments in bash.when i open the output file in VI i can see that ^m is included in between most of lines,as a result when i pass this file to my java application it dosent parse the data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting rid of ^M

I have a text file with hundreds of 32-character hash codes in it, each terminated with a linefeed (/l, or ^M). 185ead08e45a5cbb51e9f7b0b384aaa2 57643e1a17252a9fc746d49c3da04168 60cba11d09221d52aaabb5db30f408a2 2b75ee6e5c2efc31b4ee9a190d09a4df ...... etc. I want to create a file for each... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teledon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get rid of this error?

Hi, I have a quick question about sed and the r (read) command, whenever I use it on my mac I get an error that says sed: \r: No such file or directory. Although the script works fine and behaves as it is intended, I would like to get rid of the pesky error message because I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
SECURENET(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SECURENET(8)

NAME
securenet - Digital Pathways SecureNet Key remote authentication box DESCRIPTION
The SecureNet box is used to authenticate connections to Plan 9 from a foreign system such as a Unix machine or plain terminal. The box, which looks like a calculator, performs DES encryption with a key held in its memory. Another copy of the key is kept on the authentica- tion server. Each box is protected from unauthorized use by a four digit PIN. When the system requires SecureNet authentication, it prompts with a numerical challenge. The response is compared to one generated with the key stored on the authentication server. Respond as follows: Turn on the box and enter your PIN at the EP prompt, followed by the ENT button. Enter the challenge at Ed prompt, again followed ENT. Then type to Plan 9 the response generated by the box. If you make a mistake at any time, reset the box by pressing ON. The authentica- tion server compares the response generated by the box to one computed internally. If they match, the user is accepted. The box will lose its memory if given the wrong PIN five times in succession or if its batteries are removed. To reprogram it, type a 4 at the E0 prompt. At the E1 prompt, enter your key, which consists of eight three-digit octal numbers. While you are entering these digits, the box displays a number ranging from 1 to 8 on the left side of the display. This number corresponds to the octal number you are entering, and changes when you enter the first digit of the next number. When you are done entering your key, press ENT twice. At the E2 prompt, enter a PIN for the box. After you confirm by retyping the PIN at the E3 prompt, you can use the box as normal. You can change the PIN using the following procedure. First, turn on the box and enter your current PIN at the EP prompt. Press ENT three times; this will return you to the EP prompt. Enter your PIN again, followed by ENT; you should see a Ed prompt with a - on the right side of the display. Enter a 0 and press ENT. You should see the E2 prompt; follow the instructions above for entering a PIN. The SecureNet box performs the same encryption as the netcrypt routine (see encrypt(2)). The entered challenge, a decimal number between 0 and 100000, is treated as a text string with trailing binary zero fill to 8 bytes. These 8 bytes are encrypted with the DES algorithm. The first four bytes are printed on the display as hexadecimal numbers. However, when set up as described, the box does not print hexadec- imal digits greater than 9. Instead, it prints a 2 for an A, B, or C, and a 3 for a D, E, or F. If a 5 rather than a 4 is entered at the E0 print, the hexadecimal digits are printed. This is not recommended, as letters are too easily confused with digits on the SecureNet display. SEE ALSO
encrypt(2), auth(2) Digital Pathways, Mountain View, California BUGS
The box is too clumsy. If carried in a pocket, it can turn itself on and wear out the batteries. SECURENET(8)