Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MPLS Setup and routing
Special Forums IP Networking MPLS Setup and routing Post 302303102 by sdotsen on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 11:09:15 PM
Old 04-02-2009
thx for the reply, it's in the middle of our LAN due to the following reason.
This client has been connecting to these boxes via the tunnel we setup from our router to their router. So I can ping their subnet from the 4 boxes and they can ping our network/4 servers from their subnet. Their subnet is like 10.40.1.x or something.

They want to get rid of all these tunnels (they have over 15 offices, hence 15 tunnels were created from our site to their satellite offices). They brought in a MPLS setup so there's a router w/ 10.199.1.254 as the gateway sitting in my rack. Now we have to figure out how to route the 4 servers through this MPLS router and somehow for us to be able to connect to the box since we are fully responsible for them (os, hardware, app).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing

I have SCO Unix. I have 2 routers. as it is now, when someone telnets to UNIX and goes through router #1 everything is fine. The users who go through router #2 can not connect at all. I talked to CISCO and they said I need to set up a second Gateway on UNIX. They said what is happening is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john fli
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Routing

ok i configured my gateway and IP address(es) using ifconfig and route.. but how can i bind unique IPs to users ? (im using FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE #3) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevilGREEN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

routing

Hi, in which file and how shuold be decalred a gateway and its IP adresse ? Where and how add a gateway ? Many thanks before. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mpls linux???

hello; i m trying to install mpls linux in fedora 5. so i recompiled the kernel. the compilation is successful.the commandes mpls nhlfe..., mpls ilm.., etc are known so mpls is working well. but when i try the commande like #mpl mhlfe add key 0instructions push gen 1000 nexthop eth0 ipv4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

6. AIX

Routing setup - AIX

Hi All, I know there is a way to do this in routers. The question is whether it is posisble to do this in AIX. For our Web Focus ODBC connection to the Disaster Recovery servers, we want to restrict the access to the ODBC ports so that only the IP address of the Web Focus server can get to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strunz
1 Replies

7. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Server setup for multiple IP routing?

Hey there, I am a network administrator of a student dorm. Me and my team (we do this in our spare time) have the task to upgrade and rebuild our dorm intern network. But unfortunately we don't have that much experience with server setup and ip-routing and stuff. So here is the topic I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgruen
8 Replies
mrinfo(1M)																mrinfo(1M)

NAME
mrinfo - Multicast Routing Configuration Information Tool SYNOPSIS
debuglevel] retries] timeout] [ multicast-router ] DESCRIPTION
requests the configuration information from the multicast-ourter, and prints the information to the standard out. multicast-router can be either an IP address or a system name. sends out the ASK_NEIGHBORS igmp message to the specified multicast-router, when the router receives the request, it sends back its configuration information. If the multicast-router is not specified, the request is sent the local router. The the configuration information for each interface is printed in the following format: If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, they will all be reported on the output. The possible values for flag are: Neighbors are reached via tunnel. The tunnel uses IP source routing. The interface is down. The interface is administratively disabled for multicast routing. The local router is the querier of the subnet. Please see mrouted(1M) for and The command line options are: Sets the level for printing out the debug message. The default is 0, only error and warning messages will be printed. Debug level three prints most the messages. Sets the retry times to pull the routing daemon for information. The default is 3. Specifies the timeout value in seconds for waiting the reply. The default value is 4. EXAMPLE
The following is an example of quering the multicasting configuration from the local routing daemon. 127.0.0.1 (localhost) [version 3.3]: 15.13.106.144 -> 15.13.106.145 (hpntcbs.cup.hp.com) [10/1/querier] 193.2.1.39 -> 0.0.0.0 (all-zeros-broadcast) [1/1/disabled] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.255.176.33 (matmos.hpl.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.17.20.7 (hpspddc.vid.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel/down] Note must be run as root. AUTHOR
was developed by Van Jacobson. SEE ALSO
mrouted(1M), map-mbone(1M). mrinfo(1M)