Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to save as image from a web page Post 302302689 by vincaStar on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 04:12:39 PM
Old 03-31-2009
If you could find the name of that software that you use, please let me know. I would like to look into it. Right now I run ImageMagik from command line which is nice, but I still get overlap if another window is overlapping the specified window.

I think that Firefox 3 might have the "save image" ctl rt-click feature on linux but I can't seem to install it on my version of linux (I don't have permission to update it). If you run Firefox 3 on linux, do you get the "save image" option?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

making a web page

Hey im new to unix! I am tryin to create a web page in unix and have done it all but when i try and load it it says permission denied!?> i have chmod a+rx for folder and file to make sure but still permissions wont let me?! any ideas can anyone do a quick run through of how to make a web page... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashora
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File to web page

Hi all, I am having an XML file. And as per requirement I need to map fields of this file with various field of web page. So how can I use wput command into it ? Regards, gander_ss (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

background image not loading in newly thrown html page by shell script

I m trying to throw back html page when a file is found.While throwing back html page, the background image is not coming. I am using Apache server.Please suggest how to resolve... #!/bin/ksh echo -e "Content-type: text/html\n\n" echo "<html><head></head><body background=\"/asc/ppp.jpg\">"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
10 Replies

4. AIX

nmon and web page !

nmon and web page ! Is there any way to let nmon be configured with external Web Page and updating the same web page to be graphic monitoring. Pls advice ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save page source, including javascript

I need to get the source code of a webpage. I have tried to use wget and curl, but it doesn't show the necessary javascript part of the source. I don't have to execute it, only to view the source. How do I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Page and save it using mozilla

HI Guys, I have one command which can open page and i want to save and exit from it. pf@home> mozilla 181.131.193.10/g/report.txt It will open one page now how can i save it. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download dynamic generated image from HTML page

I've an HTML page where the pie chart is generated with google java code with the required input values in UNIX. The HMTL page is generated in UNIX and then when it loads in browser, the code is interpreted thought internet and the pie chart is generated. This is done by the java code in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to scrape page for and save data

Hi All I would like to get cars DB from this web site link removed , and I am trying to right script to go and parse the web page and save the data for each cars into a file, type of cars, mark, model, but when I look to the source page I found out that the first car type is preselected and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molwiko
3 Replies
E2IMAGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							E2IMAGE(8)

NAME
e2image - Save critical ext2 filesystem data to a file SYNOPSIS
e2image [ -r ] device image-file DESCRIPTION
The e2image program will save critical filesystem data on the ext2 filesystem located on device to a file specified by image-file. The image file may be examined by dumpe2fs and debugfs, by using the -i option to those programs. This can be used by an expert in assisting the recovery of catastrophically corrupted filesystems. In the future, e2fsck will be enhanced to be able to use the image file to help recover a badly damaged filesystem. If image-file is -, then the output of e2image will be sent to standard output. The -r option will create a raw image file instead of a normal image file. A raw image file differs from a normal image file in two ways. First, the filesystem metadata is placed in the proper position so that e2fsck, dumpe2fs, debugfs, etc. can be run directly on the raw image file. In order to minimize the amount of disk space consumed by a raw image file, the file is created as a sparse file. (Beware of copying or compressing/decompressing this file with utilities that don't understand how to create sparse files; the file will become as large as the filesystem itself!) Secondly, the raw image file also includes indirect blocks and data blocks, which the current image file does not have, although this may change in the future. It is a very good idea to periodically (at boot time and every week or so) to create image files for all of filesystems on a system, as well as saving the partition layout (which can be generated using the using fdisk -l command). Ideally the image file should be stored on some filesystem other that the filesystem whose data it contains, to ensure that its data is accessible in the case where the filesystem has been badly damaged. To save disk space, e2image creates the image file as a sparse file. Hence, if the image file needs to be copied to another location, it should either be compressed first or copied using the --sparse=always option to GNU version of cp. The size of an ext2 image file depends primarily on the size of the filesystems and how many inodes are in use. For a typical 10 gigabyte filesystem, with 200,000 inodes in use out of 1.2 million inodes, the image file be approximately 35 megabytes; a 4 gigabyte filesystem with 15,000 inodes in use out of 550,000 inodes will result in a 3 megabyte image file. Image files tend to be quite compressible; an image file taking up 32 megabytes of space on disk will generally compress down to 3 or 4 megabytes. AUTHOR
e2image was written by Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu). AVAILABILITY
e2image is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from anonymous http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dumpe2fs(8), debugfs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.32 November 2002 E2IMAGE(8)