Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting string deletion, variable contents, fixed delimiters Post 302300447 by Shahul on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 07:36:39 AM
Old 03-24-2009
THis can do that..

Code:
sed 's/weight=[0-9]*,//g' inputfilename

output:
moretext=bar, moreinfo=blah
extrastuff=hi, extrainfo=foo

Thanks
Sha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to delete string between delimiters

Hi There! I have the following string which i need to convert to i.e. between each occurence of the delimiter ('|' in this case), i need to delete all characters from the '|' to the ':' so that |10,9:12/xxx| becomes |12/xxx| How can i do this using sed? Thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub-string extract between variable delimiters

I need to extract certain pieces from a string, wher delimiters may vary. For example A0 B0 C0 12345677 X0 Y0 Z0 A1-B1 C1 12345678 X1 Y0 Z0 A1/B2 C77 12345679 X2 Y0 Z0 I need to get C0 12345677 X0 C1 12345678 X1 C77 12345679 X2 I tried sed, see example below: echo 'A0 B0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the rows with match string on a fixed lenth text file - NO delimiters

Hi I am trying to fetch the rows with match string "0000001234" Input file looks like below: 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

select contents between two delimiters (not working if newline in encountered)

Hi, I am facing difficulties in selecting the contents between two delimiters when there is a new line occurs.. Eg: >more sample.txt abcd -- this is the first line % efgh-- this is the second line and not able to print % ijkl -- this is the 3rd line % when i search for abcd and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji PK
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to insert Delimiters at fixed locations in a file, Can you please Debug it for me??

Can someone please help?I have a file - fixed.txt----------------------------AABBBBCCCCCCDDDEEFFFFGGGGGGHHHIIJJJJKKKKKKLLL----------------------------To insert delimiters at fixed lengths of 2, 4, 6, 3, I created a file text1.txt as-------------------2463----------------------and trying to execute... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete string between delimiters with sed

Hi, I need to delete all text between "|" delimiters. The line in text file typically looks like this: 1014182| 13728 -rw-r--r-- 1 imac1 staff 7026127 2 okt 2010 |/Users/imac1/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Various Artists/We Are the World_ U.S.A. for Africa/01 We Are the World.mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrejm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a string without fixed delimiters

I have a line of text for example aaaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee ffffff I would need to get the cccc however bbbb could be there or not. So whether bbbb is in the line or not I need cccc. I was looking at either awk or sed....and trying to start at c and end until the next space. Also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan1
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Replace string between delimiters?

Basically , i want to delete strings of a particular pattern from the flat file which is " | " pipe delimited. Below are the valid formats : 1) AAA (0) 111-111-111, AAA, BB 2) AAA (0) 111-111-1111;X, AAA, BB original flat file example : |ABC ABC XHAMK|AAA (0) 111-111-111, AAA,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_007
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace string between delimiters?

Hello, I would need to replace a delimiter in a flat file using.I would like to replace the semicolon (";") but only if it was contained in a string between quotes. For example: Original flat file example: abc;abc;"abc;abc";cd;"ef;ef";abc aa;bb;"aa";cc;"ddd;eee";ff Desired output:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartleby
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)