Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using 'break' is breaking my leg - HELP! Post 302299479 by kumarmani on Friday 20th of March 2009 08:06:04 AM
Old 03-20-2009
New to scripting

Sorry posted the concern at wrong thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

breaking out of while loop

Hi , I am running this script ( pasting only error code ) to generate some ddl definition for tables . But what I want is to break out of the db2look part when the base_table is not like DIM_$TN or FACT_$TN . After this it should come back to while loop to read the next TN . I read the other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking line

My input file is like USER_WORK.ABC USER_WORK.DEF I want output file like ABC DEF (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking out of a pipe

I have the following command in a Bash shell script: who | grep -w $1 | some other commands If grep fails, an error message is displayed. How do I test if grep fails and still be able to pipe it's output to the rest of the commands? I have the following solution: a=`who | grep -w $1`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oinkl
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking up a file

Hi, I have a file that looks like this - lets call it fileA >hhm2 IIIIIIIIILLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHH >hhm4 OOOOOKKKKKKKKMMMMMHHHHHLLLLLLLLWWWWWWWWWWW >hhm9 OOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLL So the file is pretty straight forward. The name is indicated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

breaking for loop

Dear Friends, Here I need your guidance once again. I have for loop which check all files in a folder for a particular string. If the string is found in a file it returns value other than 0 else returns 0 value in variable t2. At times the string which we are looking for is in first file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't Commit Directory... is this guy pulling my leg?

Hello, I hired a coder a couple weeks ago to develop 3 small modules for a popular CMS. I created Github repos for each module so as to manage the code and allow others to download it at will. The CMS in question is structured in such a way that each module is housed in its own... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fern
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking out of an if statement

i have a nested if statement. i need to check for a condition (highlighted in red below). if condition is true, i need the if statement to break out of the statement and then return to the if statement section i have highlighted in blue. is this possible? if ; then #return here ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking a pipe

Here's my code - for File in "${Files}"; do uuencode "${File}" "$(basename ${File} 2>&-)" 2>&-; done | mailx -s "subject" "a@b.c" Now I want to know if there a way to *not* send an email if the "Files" variables turns out to be blank. Any suggestions? Also, just to clarify, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
4 Replies
TKILL(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  TKILL(2)

NAME
tkill, tgkill - send a signal to a thread SYNOPSIS
int tkill(int tid, int sig); int tgkill(int tgid, int tid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
tgkill() sends the signal sig to the thread with the thread ID tid in the thread group tgid. (By contrast, kill(2) can only be used to send a signal to a process (i.e., thread group) as a whole, and the signal will be delivered to an arbitrary thread within that process.) tkill() is an obsolete predecessor to tgkill(). It only allows the target thread ID to be specified, which may result in the wrong thread being signaled if a thread terminates and its thread ID is recycled. Avoid using this system call. If tgid is specified as -1, tgkill() is equivalent to tkill(). These are the raw system call interfaces, meant for internal thread library use. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL An invalid thread ID, thread group ID, or signal was specified. EPERM Permission denied. For the required permissions, see kill(2). ESRCH No process with the specified thread ID (and thread group ID) exists. VERSIONS
tkill() is supported since Linux 2.4.19 / 2.5.4. tgkill() was added in Linux 2.5.75. CONFORMING TO
tkill() and tgkill() are Linux-specific and should not be used in programs that are intended to be portable. NOTES
See the description of CLONE_THREAD in clone(2) for an explanation of thread groups. Glibc does not provide wrappers for these system calls; call them using syscall(2). SEE ALSO
clone(2), gettid(2), kill(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-01 TKILL(2)