Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting Two Unix Computers To Share Files Post 302298778 by OrangeNblack on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 01:55:36 PM
Old 03-18-2009
I can also ping the computer number # 2 from Pc how-ever I get a packet loss of 50% most of the time.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is Unix a Network operating system for Macintosh computers

I am in the process of reading up on and learning about linux,and as i read, i am seeing that it was built off of the unix system platform,and i also believe that it is used in the mac computer field,i would like to know if this is true, and if i should learn about the macintosh computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill1263
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on unix share from xp?

Sorry if the is in the wrong section, but would like to know if anyone can help with the following I am on a network using Windows XP and am having problems viewing/manipulating files on one of the shared drives, which happens to be a snap server. I have no other problems with any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrB
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

4. Linux

chown files/directories for multiple computers

I have a flash drive this I store files on, but I need the whole drive to be password protected. I was thinking of making the drive root permissions, but I'm not sure if that will need the root password of the computer from which I transfered the files from or the root password of the computer I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Texasone
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with connecting 3 or 4 computers to one stereo unit

Nowadays I run Mandriva, Ubuntu and Fedora Core. All of the operating systems works fine on my computers. GRUB gives me the opportunity to select an operating system. I have Windows too. I don't run Windows. I like UNIX. Today I work with 3 computers with a single monitor. This is possible... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SAMBA is connecting to the share somehow as root

I'm running Solaris 10 with Samba server. The client is a Windows XP desktop. I have set this up for various other servers and this is the first time that I'm seeing the problem. I have a prod & test solaris samba server configured exactly the same and the share is encrypted by Vormetric. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woot14
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help creating a launcher for connecting 2 computers

CentOS 5.3 I have been tasked with a project of simplifying our media process for new staff and I need some help with ideas on how to achieve this. I am not a Linux expert and have only been using it for 12 months so appreciate the help. Stage 1 Currently we are couriered once a month a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clistyles
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving UNIX files from share

Hello, We have a Unix SunOS Server that runs an Oracle 11.2.0.3 database, it is linked up to a network storage where backups go every night. I've created a data pump backup (.dmp) file and want to move it from the network store to windows server to import the data. When i try to move the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
2 Replies
AECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  AECHO(1)

NAME
aecho - send AppleTalk Echo Protocol packets to network hosts SYNOPSIS
aecho [ -c count ] ( address | nbpname ) DESCRIPTION
aecho repeatedly sends an Apple Echo Protocol (AEP) packet to the host specified by the given AppleTalk address or nbpname and reports whether a reply was received. Requests are sent at the rate of one per second. address is parsed by atalk_aton(3). nbpname is parsed by nbp_name(3). The nbp type defaults to `Workstation'. When aecho is terminated, it reports the number of packets sent, the number of responses received, and the percentage of packets lost. If any responses were received, the minimum, average, and maximum round trip times are reported. EXAMPLE
Check to see if a particular host is up and responding to AEP packets: example% aecho bloodsport 11 bytes from 8195.13: aep_seq=0. time=10. ms 11 bytes from 8195.13: aep_seq=1. time=10. ms 11 bytes from 8195.13: aep_seq=2. time=10. ms 11 bytes from 8195.13: aep_seq=3. time=10. ms 11 bytes from 8195.13: aep_seq=4. time=10. ms 11 bytes from 8195.13: aep_seq=5. time=9. ms ^C ----8195.13 AEP Statistics---- 6 packets sent, 6 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max = 9/9/10 OPTIONS
-c count Stop after count packets. SEE ALSO
ping(1), atalk_aton(3), nbp_name(3), atalkd(8). netatalk 1.2 17 Dec 1991 AECHO(1)