Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File gets truncated
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File gets truncated Post 302297906 by krishmaths on Monday 16th of March 2009 06:05:41 AM
Old 03-16-2009
Can you post the command you are using to append text to the log file?

Make sure that you are using double redirection (>>) and not a single redirection (>) for appending.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps output truncated

Hi! I have some shell scripts receiving in input lots of parameters and I need to select the ones having a particular value in one parameter. A typical shell command line is: PROMPT > shell_name.ksh -avalue_a -bvalue_b -cvalue_c -dvalue_d ... I used a combinaton of ps and grep commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pciatto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps output truncated

Hi! I have some shell scripts receiving in input lots of parameters and I need to select the ones having a particular value in one parameter. A typical shell command line is: PROMPT > shell_name.ksh -avalue_a -bvalue_b -cvalue_c -dvalue_d ... I used a combinaton of ps and grep commands... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pciatto
5 Replies

3. AIX

PS truncated in AIX

folks; how can i get longer output than the one i got by using "/usr/ucb/ps awwx"? :mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncated with a pipe?

OK, I'm stumped. I have a shell script that reads a list, and for every item in the list performs a lookup in our Active Directory. Now, it seems that when I pipe the results into grep, the complete results are not there (truncated?). I'm not sure if this is a limit of the pipe, grep, shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

Hi I am looking for a way to confirm whether a core File is complete or Truncated Is there any way from Khan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_069
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

hi I have a core file from customer and i am looking for a way to know whether its complete or truncated? I have a procedure to check core file on solaris , is there any way to know whether core is truncated on HP-UX? from khan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan_069
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File gets truncated after using sed

May be this is a known issue. When I am using sed to change a string (globally) in multiple files, it is doing its job while truncating the file. So the xml files are losing some of the tags Any work around? Appreciate your help guys...... Here is the code..... #!/bin/sh for files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: corleone
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Text from input file truncated while converting it to excel

Dear Members, I am using the attached script to convert a input file delimited by '|' to excel. However, while processing the attribute change_reason, the whole content of the text under change_reason is not displayed completely in the cell in excel. It is truncated after only first few words.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
1 Replies

9. Solaris

ps output truncated

Hi, I have Solaris-10 server. /usr/ucb/ps auxww is showing full path if I am running it from root. But if I run it from non-root user, its output is truncated. I don't want to use any other alternate command. Please suggest, what can be its solution. Terminal is set to term. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
21 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ps -ef, output getting truncated, please help

Hi All, here is an output of my command and the problem is that my output string is truncated, I want to exact the full string, I am on BASH shell, please help me out. Regards Rahul command with Output : lonss05903:cmdsvc01 /home/cmdsvc01 > ps -aef|grep 'Copy' cmdsvc01 2642 8675 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
7 Replies
build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)				      General Commands Manual					 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)

NAME
build-lives-rfx-plugin - builds rendered effects for LiVES SYNOPSIS
build-lives-rfx-plugin script_name [plugin_dir] -get section file DESCRIPTION
This perl script is used by LiVES to compile an RFX (rendered effect) plugin for LiVES. It is generally called from build-lives-rfx-plugin- multi for a script which has a language code representing LiVES-perl. The script_name must be the full (absolute) path to the plugin script, and plugin_dir can be used to specify the output directory where the compiled plugin should be generated. If plugin_dir is not defined then /tmp is assumed. The second variant with -get is used to print out a script section from a plugin script to stdout. It is generally only used internally by LiVES. Return values The script returns the following values 0 - success 1 - the value of a trigger was greater than the number of parameters 2 - a value could not be read from the script file 3 - the language code of the plugin script was not equivalent to LiVES-perl 4 - the API version level of the plugin script was invalid 5 - the <define> section was missing from the plugin script SEE ALSO
build-lives-rfx-plugin-multi(1), lives(1) AUTHOR
Gabriel Finch a.k.a Salsaman (salsaman@xs4all.nl) May 9 2010 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)