Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File gets truncated
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File gets truncated Post 302297906 by krishmaths on Monday 16th of March 2009 06:05:41 AM
Old 03-16-2009
Can you post the command you are using to append text to the log file?

Make sure that you are using double redirection (>>) and not a single redirection (>) for appending.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps output truncated

Hi! I have some shell scripts receiving in input lots of parameters and I need to select the ones having a particular value in one parameter. A typical shell command line is: PROMPT > shell_name.ksh -avalue_a -bvalue_b -cvalue_c -dvalue_d ... I used a combinaton of ps and grep commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pciatto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps output truncated

Hi! I have some shell scripts receiving in input lots of parameters and I need to select the ones having a particular value in one parameter. A typical shell command line is: PROMPT > shell_name.ksh -avalue_a -bvalue_b -cvalue_c -dvalue_d ... I used a combinaton of ps and grep commands... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pciatto
5 Replies

3. AIX

PS truncated in AIX

folks; how can i get longer output than the one i got by using "/usr/ucb/ps awwx"? :mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncated with a pipe?

OK, I'm stumped. I have a shell script that reads a list, and for every item in the list performs a lookup in our Active Directory. Now, it seems that when I pipe the results into grep, the complete results are not there (truncated?). I'm not sure if this is a limit of the pipe, grep, shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

Hi I am looking for a way to confirm whether a core File is complete or Truncated Is there any way from Khan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_069
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

hi I have a core file from customer and i am looking for a way to know whether its complete or truncated? I have a procedure to check core file on solaris , is there any way to know whether core is truncated on HP-UX? from khan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan_069
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File gets truncated after using sed

May be this is a known issue. When I am using sed to change a string (globally) in multiple files, it is doing its job while truncating the file. So the xml files are losing some of the tags Any work around? Appreciate your help guys...... Here is the code..... #!/bin/sh for files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: corleone
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Text from input file truncated while converting it to excel

Dear Members, I am using the attached script to convert a input file delimited by '|' to excel. However, while processing the attribute change_reason, the whole content of the text under change_reason is not displayed completely in the cell in excel. It is truncated after only first few words.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
1 Replies

9. Solaris

ps output truncated

Hi, I have Solaris-10 server. /usr/ucb/ps auxww is showing full path if I am running it from root. But if I run it from non-root user, its output is truncated. I don't want to use any other alternate command. Please suggest, what can be its solution. Terminal is set to term. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
21 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ps -ef, output getting truncated, please help

Hi All, here is an output of my command and the problem is that my output string is truncated, I want to exact the full string, I am on BASH shell, please help me out. Regards Rahul command with Output : lonss05903:cmdsvc01 /home/cmdsvc01 > ps -aef|grep 'Copy' cmdsvc01 2642 8675 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
7 Replies
catch(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  catch(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. Catch calls the Tcl interpreter recursively to exe- cute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to one of the exceptional return codes (see tcl.h for the definitions of code values). If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the error message from interpret- ing script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } KEYWORDS
catch, error Tcl 8.0 catch(n)