Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Howto create new service bundle Post 302297858 by kalpeer on Monday 16th of March 2009 02:48:43 AM
Old 03-16-2009
Question Howto create new service bundle

Hi,

I have created a service referring the below link.
https://www.unix.com/tips-tutorials/32987-creating-solaris10-service.html

Now am able to import and enable the service.

I have placed my xml file under
/var/svc/manifest/site

The service name is
<service
name='site/newservice'

I have imported the service as root user.

<exec_method type='method' name='start' exec='/tmp/new/method/newservice start' timeout_seconds='30' />

This service is not able to execute the operation which I have mentioned above. The following error is thrown in log file.

Error: User 'root' is not the owner of '/tmp/new/method'

So I tried to import the service as normal user, the following error is thrown.

svccfg import /var/svc/manifest/site/newservice.xml
svccfg: Could not create temporary service "TEMP/site/newservice" (permission de nied).
svccfg: Import of /var/svc/manifest/site/newservice.xml failed. Progress:
svccfg: Service "site/newservice": not reached.
svccfg: Instance "newservice": not reached.

Please help me to solve this issue.
I thought instead of placing the service in default location,Why cant we create a new service of bundle and place the service there.
Please help to solve this issue by suggesting some solution or how to create a new bundle of service and import it as normal user.

Regards,
Kalai

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pop3 service- howto?

Hello , I have this RH6.2 box with sendmail8.9.3-20 (configured and running properly ) I have also (procmail3.14-2 , fetchmail5.3.1-1 ) installed but I don't know about them. (( all installed as rpm packages)) okay ,,, here what I need: I need to be able to use OUTLOOK or any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: t_zone
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

please can any one help me bundle several files into one

#!/bin/sh #call function from loop filevalidate() { case $# in 0) echo "usage enshar file1 file2 ... > outputfile ! " >/deb/sterr ;; *) for filename do if ; then echo "invalid pathname > try bin " $filename >/dev/stderr exit 1 fi if ; then echo "is a directory!"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swissnez
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

installation of many patches / bundle

Hi, I need to install these 7 patches on my server: and the below are the 5 dependency to install these patches 1. PHNE_31097; 1(a). PHCO_33205 (dependency) b(a). PHCO_30398 (dependency) 2. PHSS_32508; 3. PHSS_32509; 4. PHSS_32510; 5. PHSS_30970; 6. PHSS_32731; 6(a). PHNE_28810... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipsinghal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto create a file

Hi folks, How do we create a file using shell script? i mean to say that do we use is it a good approch to do echo "abc" >file echo "xxxx" >>file or is there any better method? Thanks, Amit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture the service name from tnsnames.ora and create connect string

ghkjkjoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetankelvin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a service from a jar file.

Hi, I am new to Linux. I have a executable jar file which I need to run even before the user logs in. The problem is since I don't have good information about the services in Linux its very difficult to understand the same topic posted at other forums. I have tried many things like java... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankushpandit
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Apache 2 doesnt create SMF service at installation

Hello everybody, I intended to use Apache 2 first time on my S10 U7 box. But the package (V2) is not ok for the developpers and they need 2.2.12 somehow. I removed Apache 1.3 and installed 2.2.12 with the stream package which I downloaded from Sunfreeware.com It's running perfectly if I start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowfaxxxx
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

9. AIX

Create a bundle of user ids

if I want to create a bundle of user ids on some aix servers, if there is a way not need to do "passwd username" one by one user to set the password? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies
merge_fonts(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      merge_fonts(3alleg4)

NAME
merge_fonts - Merges two fonts into one font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *merge_fonts(FONT *f1, FONT *f2) DESCRIPTION
This function merges the character ranges from two fonts and returns a new font containing all characters in the old fonts. In general, you cannot merge fonts of different types (eg, TrueType fonts and bitmapped fonts), but as a special case, this function can promote a mono- chrome bitmapped font to a color font and merge those. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *myfancy_font; FONT *lower_range; FONT *upper_range; FONT *capitals; FONT *combined_font; FONT *tempfont; ... /* Create a font that contains the capitals from */ /* the fancy font but other characters from myfont */ lower_range = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, 'A'-1); upper_range = extract_font_range(myfont, 'Z'+1, -1); capitals = extract_font_range(myfancy_font, 'A', 'Z'); tempfont = merge_fonts(lower_range, capitals); combined_font = merge_fonts(tempfont, upper_range); /* Clean up temporary fonts */ destroy_font(lower_range); destroy_font(upper_range); destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(tempfont); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
extract_font_range(3alleg4), is_trans_font(3alleg4), is_color_font(3alleg4), is_mono_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 merge_fonts(3alleg4)