Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help to move from windows to linux as a developer Post 302297854 by capoorhimanshu on Monday 16th of March 2009 02:36:38 AM
Old 03-16-2009
help to move from windows to linux as a developer

Hi,

I am working as a c++/MFC developer from last 3 years on windows, recently i came across LINUX due to some small involvement in c++ projet @ linux platform. I really found it fascinated and found more challenging rather than developing the applications on windows. I really want to go more deeper into it , so please suggest me that how should i proceed as a c++ developer , i am more intrested into development rather than system administartion , so please suggest me that what are the basic books i should get , to get it going. And what are the main advanced topics i should concentrate on. Please suggest...

Himanshu Kapoor

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Power Shell - rename files and move

hi people; i want to make a file/folder operation as follows. - i have 41 folders in Windows and each of them have same-named files (~200 files each) inside. - i want to stack these files together in a folder but Windows is asking to "overwrite" (as usual) since the file names are the same.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to move folders, subfolders and files from unix to windows

Hi Unix Gurus, I am able to copy only files that exist in the parent folder. My parent folder has sub folders and within sub folders there are lots files. I need to copy folder, sub folders and files from Unix to the remote windows SFTP location. The directory structure is something like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Tips for hiring a Linux Application developer

I am looking to hire a Linux Application developer for my startup. But am having trouble screening for the right skill-set. What should I look for ? And, where do I find these developers who have experience in building applications for Linux? Best, E (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emerging_desk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
libgstreamer-0.10(3)						   User Commands					      libgstreamer-0.10(3)

NAME
libgstreamer-0.10, libgstbase-0.10 - GStreamer core library DESCRIPTION
libgstreamer-0.10 provides an API for all core GStreamer services, including initialization, plugin management and types, as well as the object hierarchy that defines elements and bins, along with some more specialized elements. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. libgstbase-0.10 provides an API for GStreamer base plugins. These base plugins are typically extended when writing a plugin for a specific purpose. FILES
The following files are used by this library: /usr/lib/libgstreamer-0.10.so GStreamer shared library /usr/lib/libgstbase-0.10.so GStreamer base plugins library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gstreamer-0.10 GStreamer developer documentation /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gstreamer-libs-0.10 GStreamer library developer documentation /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gstreamer-plugins-0.10 GStreamer plugins developer documentation /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-0.10 GSTreamer base library developer documentation /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-0.10 GStreamer base plugins developer documentation /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-0.10 GStreamer good plugins developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 14 Oct 2004 libgstreamer-0.10(3)