Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to import the new service Post 302297265 by kalpeer on Friday 13th of March 2009 12:46:26 AM
Old 03-13-2009
The application which am going to start will not work start when we start as root.I have one more doubt,where i can mention the uid in service

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

import

i'm importing tables to oracle 7, but sometimes import give me warnings (not failures) how can i rollback the whole imported tables if warnings occured please advise thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

import

Dear All, If while the databsae was shut down, an import command has been done. Will the import result will return 1? Best Regards, Omran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import variable

Can i import a value of a variable in a different related script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export / import

I have a calling script which consists of calls to other scripts via the sh command. ie vi callscript.sh sh smallscript1.sh extra unix commands sh smallscript2.sh exit In smallscript1, I prompt for a filename, which I handle via :- read f1 export f1 I then need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
svc(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    svc(8)

NAME
svc - controls services monitored by supervise(8). SYNOPSIS
svc [ -udopchaitkx ] services DESCRIPTION
services consists of any number of arguments, each argument naming a directory used by supervise(8). svc applies all the options to each service in turn. OPTIONS
-u Up. If the service is not running, start it. If the service stops, restart it. -d Down. If the service is running, send it a TERM signal and then a CONT signal. After it stops, do not restart it. -o Once. If the service is not running, start it. Do not restart it if it stops. -p Pause. Send the service a STOP signal. -c Continue. Send the service a CONT signal. -h Hangup. Send the service a HUP signal. -a Alarm. Send the service an ALRM signal. -i Interrupt. Send the service an INT signal. -t Terminate. Send the service a TERM signal. -k Kill. Send the service a KILL signal. -x Exit. supervise(8) will exit as soon as the service is down. If you use this option on a stable system, you're doing something wrong; supervise(8) is designed to run forever. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscanboot(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlo- cal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html svc(8)