Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete File 5 Min old in Unix (Bourne Shell)?? Post 302296180 by mehrdad68 on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 02:39:14 PM
Old 03-10-2009
Try this:
find . "*.txt" -type f -mtime +1 -exec del {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and replace a value- Bourne and Korn shell

Hello, I have a file called Delete and within the delete file I have the following statement: delete from employee where employee_id = " " how do I write a script that read from this file and replace: employee_id = " " with employee_id is null Please assist...greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenix
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If file exists (bourne shell)

Im trying to code some logic into a test script to test for the existence of a file before recreating it. Im using the following line to test for this: if -r test.txt; However I get the error message ./testScript.sh: -r: not found Having read through the man pages im still not clear whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blakmk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNix Bourne Shell

i require a utility that identifies all users currently logged into the system. It should create a file called logfile which contains a list of usernames together with a count of how many login sessions they are currently running, for example coc9io : 1 hbh8jd : 3 dg7hy : 1 root : 4 it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter112
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I test for the presence of a file in Bourne Shell

How do I test for the presence of a file in Bourne Shell (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vins
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find whenther given value is in betwwen min and Max in unix shell scripting

Hi I wanted to write a shell script with an if condition Example MinValue=10 MaxValue=30 logvalue = some integer value that script reads from the command line arguement I wanted to check whether log value greater than or equal to10 and less than equal to 30 and proceed with the rest of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the repetition values in a file using bourne shell

Hi all, I have a scenario, like consider a file abc.txt, inside abc.txt, the contents is value1 = aaa, value2 = bbb, value3 = ccc, value1 = ddd. In this situation i need to throw an error for the repeatation of keys like "value1" is repeating twice. how to handle this using bourne... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on basic Unix Bourne Shell Script

Howdy People :), I'm a newbie & its my first question here. I've started learning Unix Bourne Shell scripting recently and struggling already :p Can someone PLEASE help me with the following problem. Somehow my script is not working. Display an initial prompt of the form: Welcome to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: methopoth
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: If a file stays in a particular directory more than 30 min send an email

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement say i will receive a file in a directory say /xyz.if that file stays in that directory more than 30 min i need to get a mail to my outlook.this should run for every 20 min in crontab. can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open a file from within a Bourne shell Script

I am suppose to make a program that cuts the extension off of a file. It uses that .ext to decide which program needs to be used to open the file. This only finds the name of the program from a list of programs I made. My problem is when it has the name of the program it needs to use, how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dordrix
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if file is 45 min old if yes delete

Hello, we have process2(my_pro.sh) which check for the file Pr_rn_Chk (generated by other process1). The process runs every 15 min. if exist Pr_rn_Chk the process will exit. Else it will continue. I want to check if the file Pr_rn_Chk is older than 45 min delete the file. so that 4th run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar30213
3 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
shar writes an sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line operands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). shar is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) BUGS
shar makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive HISTORY
The shar command appears in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file 4.4BSD June 6, 1993 4.4BSD