Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question on .profile login script Post 302294006 by vbe on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 09:00:51 AM
Old 03-04-2009
Read the Rules again:
(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.
And use your head a bit:
How can you tell if current directory is in the PATH?
In other words what is the use of PATH?
If you can answer that then you know what you need to test...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user login script question

hi all, what file(s) needs to be changed and in what way in order to do the following: when user A logs onto freebsd 4.8 automaticaly he needs to start up a script a made that executes: sets ltp0 in polling mode, executes tn5250 keyboard mapping starts tn5250 with the correct parameters. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile - changes don't affect the login

I have modified the .profile in my profile and I don't see any effect. Why the changes don't have effect? I tried both on the account at a server where I have limited permissions as user and to my local pc (as user). Is it the .profile overridden by some other file? It looks weird because I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: myle
8 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

diffrence between .cshrc .login .profile

Dear experts ... Please any one can describe the diffrence between this three 1) . cshrc 2) .profile 3) .login cheers syed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smuqtaderali
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

diffrence between .cshrc .login .profile

Hi.. i was just looking to know the diffrence between this three terms 1) .cshrc 2) .login 3) .profle but iam failed to findout the exact diffrent Please can any one share the diffrence between this regards Syed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smuqtaderali
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between .login, .tcshrc ,.profile

Could you please explain me what is the difference between .login, .tcshrc ,.profile file . Can I keep .tcshrc file in two different location .Actually my problem is I have one server in which another server is mounted so I have two programs which refers to two different versions of java and I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login profile[solved]

i vi .profile Set DATE `date +%m%d%Y%H%M`, but after logout/login, echo $DATE, it shows: Fri Mar 23 15:01:53 EDT 2012, i want to show: 032320121501 please ignore. vi /etc/profile, and export DATE=`date +%m%d%Y%H%M`, worked fine now. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the profile file that is auto executed when I login

Hi, I dont find any .profile under my user home directory. These are the only files i see in my home directory. # ls -laq total 44 drwx------ 4 user1 adm 4096 Nov 23 05:10 . drwxr-xr-x. 12 root root 4096 Nov 22 13:05 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 adm 18 Nov 22 13:05 .bash_logout... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

9. Programming

Remote login UNIX box from java passing parameters to the custom script called in the profile

Hello Good Day / Guten Tag.... I have to login the server and the user profile contains some scripts which need the inputs to be taken from the keyboard. So I use the method to conn.authenticateWithKeyboardInteractive(username, new InteractiveCallback() { public String... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanalkumaran
1 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)